Live Time Sheet Updates

Ann-MarieHolloway

Good Afternoon,

Is it possible for the time allocated to tickets, to be added to the Time Sheet as they occur rather than as a total time at the end when the call is resolved?

If an analyst is updating a call as they investigate Incidents or Service Requests, the time allocated at each stage of investigation doesn't get recorded on Time Sheet until the call is resolved.  As a manager, I'd like a clear indication of how much of an analysts time is being spent on calls per day.

Many Thanks

@Ann-MarieJones thanks for your post.

We are currently in the process of testing a big update to Hornbill Timesheet Manager internally. This update is expected to be available to our customers by the end of the month.

The new update does indeed allow you to record time directly against a request in Service Manager, at any stage of the request's lifecycle. As a manager you will also have visibility of your analyst's timesheets.

Look out for the update to Hornbill Timesheet Manager in the coming weeks.

Alex

• Like 1

@Darren Rose  there will be an accompanying Harry Hornbill video with this update to explain all of the changes that have been made. As we get closer to release we will start releasing screenshots on the forums for you all to see as a preview. Internal testing is going very well and everything is on schedule :-)

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see what's been done in the new Timesheet manager.  Any chance that there has been the ability to add a default time category to a service or even a catalog item? 

We just added a couple of external companies that we're supporting.  We have different services for each company and it would make time categorization much easier if there was a default time category per service as well as per catalog item.

@Patrick Walker I will speak to the Service Manager team about this integration but the functionality won't be there from day 1 when we push out the Timesheet Manager update. I'm sorry to announce also that the update will be delayed by a few weeks as we continue to iron out bugs found in user testing and prepare the relevant documentation for the big update. I will update this thread when there is more news.

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...