BPM within linked request

Hello @Victor,

First of all, do bear with me as I will try my best to explain of the situation of what I want to achieve.

I have discussed with @samwoo about this:

(This is for Infrastructure only once setup the service)
When I raised a service request, it would automatically create a linked change request asking for (e.g. increase storage size for the server, this would copy from service request as well linked asset too), what I want is the service request to put on hold and wait for suspend status change from the change request to confirm approval task before it able to proceed the action to increase the size for the server (human task to let us know that it ready to setup).

It quite hard to explain but what I'm trying to say is to have a service request that linked with change request but have BPM so that service request can only move to the next stage once the change request had been approved by the manager. Change request which would trigger the action to update the service request to confirm that I can start the process. If that make sense? Almost like a task in service request that need trigger/confirm by change request action so that it can move to the next stage.

If you do kind of get what I'm trying to say then do let me know if this is possible, if not, is there a workaround for this if this feature is possible to add?

Another question:

I pretty sure someone raised this topic before but do not think i was searching for the right content but I wonder if it possible to add the ability to change the request from let's say service request to change request and then back to service request. (It almost like Progressive Capture that pass to a different team before it move to the next stage to return back to the team that set it up), I think this would not be possible as more likely it could mess up the system and cause more confusion.

Thanks,

Aaron :ph34r:

Hi @Aaron Summers

For the first part of your requirement, I'm wondering if this BPM Operation would be what you are looking for.  

Documentation located here

image.png

Your service request's BPM can be suspended until a particular update has been made on the change.  In your case, it looks like the update you will be waiting for is the approval being accepted. 

Regarding your question about changing a request from one type to another, I think that this may cause a number of problems with BPMs, rights and access to different request types, change calendars, visibility by customers on the portals... Lots of things would be impacted when changing a request from one type to another.   No plans at the moment to implement this.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Is there a way to automatically create a Change Request and attach a BPM to it?

In terms of capturing data specifically for the Change Request, maybe a Human Task in the Change BPM can capture all the information required in order for the process to be driven. (as we cannot expect a PCF to be populated due to the process being automated)

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Samuel

Cc. @Aaron Summers

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, samwoo said:

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Is there a way to automatically create a Change Request and attach a BPM to it?

In terms of capturing data specifically for the Change Request, maybe a Human Task in the Change BPM can capture all the information required in order for the process to be driven. (as we cannot expect a PCF to be populated due to the process being automated)

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Samuel

Cc. @Aaron Summers

Has anyone had a chance to look at my query?

Thanks,

Samuel 

24 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @samwoo

When you say "automatically create a change request" are you referring to using the BPM from one request to create a change request and as part of that creation, you would like to be able to select which BPM is applied to that new change?

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Yes that is precisely correct, and the information transferred into the Change Request's BPM (in order to move the request forward) is done via a Human Task's Dynamic/Custom Fields from the original request.

This Human Task is then treated like returning information from a PCF answers within a BPM in the new request.

Thanks,

Samuel