Unable to upload multiple attachments

mojahidm

Hi team,

It's been reported that it is not possible to upload multiple attachments to a ticket

I did some testing and found the following:

On Customer Portal (External Customers)

Unable to 'Upload' multiple attachments and unable to 'Drag and Drop' multiple attachments when creating a ticket

The same applies when trying to upload to the timeline

On Service Portal (live URL):

Unable to 'Upload' multiple attachments and unable to 'Drag and Drop' multiple attachments when creating a ticket

You can however, when you try to upload to the timeline

Many thanks,

Mojahid

• 2 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

We're having a similar problem with the Service Portal. We have a CI where people can log a request for a DBS check. For this to be carried out, we need 3 separate proofs of ID, so people are asked to upload 3 documents. They ARE asked for 3 documents, and, on the portal form, they do show as being uploaded, however, in the ticket there is only ever one attachment:

image.thumb.png.a33aa3e6ea34ffd2ddbd4e4011ec5dbf.png

image.png.07d2ca315434da68ee5723246091a16b.png

This is making people nervous as they're wondering where their personal data (bearing in mind these may be scans of driving licenses, bank details etc) might have ended up! 

Any ideas please?

Guest Paul Alexander

has anyone got any thoughts on this please? The wiki definitely says that multiple attachments can be uploaded, but this isn't working for us and we're getting complaints - @Steven Boardman - any ideas please?

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Steven Boardman

I'm still seeing the same problem - it looks like the only attachment showing in the ticket is the LAST attachment added. We've tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and get the same result with both.

We're on version 2.73.1 (1429) (updated yesterday).

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

@Steven Boardman

i THINK I've got this....we had three separate 'add attachments' nodes in the Progressive Capture (because we wanted to ensure that we got 3 separate documents added). It looks like having it set up this way will only bring in the attachments which were added on the LAST node....and seems to ignore the first two nodes.

I've tested this and it looks like that's what's happening. 

So my next question is, is there a way of checking to make sure that we DO have the correct number of attachments within the Progressive Capture please?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We have provided new functionality as of Service Manager Build 1958 that now allows for multiple Attachment forms to be included in a single Progressive Capture workflow.  Further documentation can be found here.

One thing to note when creating a Progressive Capture with more than one Attachment form, is that the existing behaviour in Progressive Capture will step over non-mandatory forms that have already been populated or used.  In order to have Progressive Capture stop at subsequent Attachment forms, they will need to be set to mandatory.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James