Default "Visible" entities

samwoo

Hello,

I would like to be able to set the default visible entities that show when going into a Configuration Item.

If I launch the explorer for an Asset, it takes a very long time to load if there are loads of requests associated with it. It would like to disable all the entities by default to allow the user to select which one they would like to view.

Thanks,

Samuel

ugh I think when I left Configuration Manager open it's slowed down my Hornbill instance as there are too many requests associated with the Asset. I received this error message after a little while

error.png.ed06b2a01f9956cf8404bf74fe8b4885.png

Whilst it was running users were saying that Hornbill was down, but when I got the above message everything was back to normal.

Hi @James AinsworthAinsworth,

(forum duplicated your last name and I can't remove it)

Firstly I'd like to apologise I've just re-read my previous post and I realised that "Uh oh" has turned into "Ugh" somehow. That was not intentional - sorry about that. The dangers of typing on a phone...

Regarding my "Issue", is it somewhat similar or related to to the following?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

we released a new build of Configuration Manager with improvements on loading the explorer when launched from an Asset with many  requests associated with it.

The issue you experienced was not related to the topic you mentioned; because of the high number of requests linked to the asset, the query to load the related requests was taking longer than expected until it timed out.

At the moment its not possible for the user to select which entities they would like to view when loading the tree.  The explorer always load all the entities and then you can hide them from the UI.

Please let us know if you still experience the same issue after this update.

Regards

Armando

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Have you taken any further discussions internally regarding providing us with the ability to define which entities will be visible by default?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 8 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, samwoo said:

Hi,

Have you taken any further discussions internally regarding providing us with the ability to define which entities will be visible by default?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hello,

I'd like to follow up my previous query to see if any movements/discussions have been made regarding this?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 1 year later...

Good morning,

Just remembered I posted this - as we may start to be using configuration manager properly, I was wondering if my request has moved at all, and whether it's still up for consideration or not?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, samwoo said:

Please can this topic be tagged Enhancement 

It can, but it wouldn't make much sense to do so.

It would be much better to summarise the content into a new, single post that has a clear requirement rather than retroactively tagging a conversation and having to pick through to establish what's wanted.