BPM Boards not bringing across the Summary of a request

samwoo

Hello,

See attached:
1451887046_EmptyCards.thumb.png.291433ce6c56cee6cec1488bbfd57586.png

See the setup:
118984410_AutomatedBoardTask.png.e13561abc7c976751239276103d21d7e.png

Is there a reason why the Summary is not being pulled across via the BPM Automated Task to add the request card to a lane? Pressing (i) on the other fields in the automated task states that the fields will be ignored if the Application is set. I assumed the Title field is where the Request summary would be.

The other ones you see above were manually moved to the Boards from within the request and correctly populates with the Summary of the ticket.

Thanks,

Samuel

@Lyonel 

I did try this before and it didn't work, but also I didn't notice the following information until after I attempted hence the reason I haven't used the content field in my first screenshot.
Ignored.png.37a90c5026822ec54830b716c2c72d96.png
This usually tells the truth :P

Thanks,

This might not be entirely related (it could be?)

Every "new"  New Starter Request should now be populating the first lane of New Starter Board.

Every single time a new request is raised since I implemented the change, the process errors out.

When I go into the BPM Instance to check, all I had to do is simply restart the process for it to carry on... WITHOUT making any changes to the Board Node which is throwing the error.

Today... though I thought was no different.

I received some like errors like usual but this time simply pressing the Restart Process button doesnt work now. Tweaking the Board node doesn't work at all... I am just simply unable to progress the request. (see the Board Node config in my first post)

This is the error message I am now getting when attempting to restart the process:

1671620675_BPMBoardsError.png.8b046f2853f549379b552d9979ff5aca.png

Can someone assist? 

EDIT

So I refreshed the page and tried restarting the process without changing anything in the node... it now works.

Can someone look at why I have to manually restart the BPM process in order for Service Manager to generate a card on a Board...

Sorry for the slow response, have missed your post.

Regarding the missing summary in the Card Content, the only thing are can suggest is that possibly the card summary is not populated at the point the card is added to the board, as suggested here:

There is a change in an upcoming ServiceManager release which will ensure the summary is kept up to date, so maybe this will help with this problem.

Regarding the second error you have posted, it looks like the lane hasn't been passed correctly when trying to add the card, I will need to look into the BPM to see what might cause this, and will get back to you

Thanks

Trevor

Thanks @trevorharris re. the update.

As for the summary not coming across, I have moved the node further down to allow other nodes to run before-hand and it appears to be working now - suprised how quickly the "Add to Card" node runs after a request is created and errors prior to the summary being populated. Thanks for pointing out the other thread in relation to this.

Hello @trevorharris,

This may or may not be related, but we keep getting the following error related to the Boards in Board Manager:

1576341580_AddtoBoard.png.962a1747657aa9ad0029ac4186c0ee0a.png

For the New Starter Requests, users raise a request via the Self Service Portal. This error keeps appearing at the "Add to Board" node.
(The way I resolved it was to manually add the board via Service Manager within the ticket then restart the process)

Do you have an ETA on when the next Board Manager update will be released as I am still receiving errors related to the second one I mentioned about (about <h_title>) 

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

There is a  Board BPM Access role which you can assign to your Self Service Users which should allow these BPM operations to succeed if the user has not got access to the full Boards Application.

I expect the next update of Boardmanager with the other fix to be released early next week

Sorry for the wait

Thanks

Trevor

Thanks for the update @trevorharris

I remember a time where we couldn't bulk add job roles - i have done as you have suggested and so far, no errors. 

Much appreciated!

Samuel

I've got another error now... related to boards... on a BPM where there is no node or anything related to Board Manager.

It's at the stage where we assign a ticket to a team...
399288601_BoardErroragain....png.29a374e888fa5e4ca6124160bc0ced1d.png

So far I have 13 requests with the above error and these BPM's do not have anything to do with Boards at all

Please help!

All we need to do to get this thing moving is restarting the BPM LIve INstance.

Thanks,

Samuel

16 minutes ago, TrevorKillick said:

@samwoo

Apologies for this, I have raised it with the Service Manager team who should get back to you shortly.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Thanks @TrevorKillick - currently using a script to check for the errors in order to resolve these using the BPM instance. I resolve 2, 1 appears :P 

Guest Ehsan

Hi @samwoo,

Hope all is well :)

I am pleased to inform you that we've identified the cause of this problem. We are preparing a Service Manager update, which will be made available later today.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi @Ehsan,

I'm very well thanks, how are you?

Thank you for getting back to me. That's great I will be keeping an eye out for that update.

Thanks,

Samuel