SR incorrectly logged as IN

Dan Munns

Hi,

A user logged a ticket via the portal for a request type that should have been logged as a service request. However it has been logged as an incident. 

I can't see why this has happened.

The PC has trigger correctly as all the questions have been answered and are shown on the request. 

The issue is that all member of the supporting team only have SR roles and as such cannot see this ticket. 

Ref IN00013678 if someone can take a look at it. 

Also if someone could set it as a SR it would be appreciated.

Thanks   

Sorry about that, we have found this issue and have it fixed so it will addressed in our next update which will be available once it's gone through our usual test cycles.

Is there a rough idea of when this will be?

Or anything I can do in the mean time to stop it happening? 

Tickets logged incorrectly will affect the teams MI and I don't really want to give them all incident roles as this will bring up questions on new functionality. 

@Dan Munns there is nothing to stop it at the moment. However, I can tell you the scenario when it occurs so you can theoretically relay this to the person raising requests. This happens when the catalog item is accessed (clicked) multiple times in succession. This sequence of action resets the request type to "incident". It can happen if the user experiences a temporary slowness in their connection. When this happens, when you click on the CI due to the lag created by the network connection it appears that the action was not performed so the user will try again... or the user click of the CI multiple times in rapid succession but this is less likely.

Changing the IN to an SR is inadvisable. One of the reasons is the service and process behind each of these request types. If the request type is changed, and the new request type has a different process associated to it, what happens with the existing process and what happens with the new process? where do we stop and where do we start them... best advice would be to cancel the IN and raise a linked SR based on the IN...