emaisl not auto attaching to tickets

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys - recently our emails stopped automatically attaching to tickets - (see screenshot - ticket is open etc), this only stopped working recently,

is there a new setting we have to change? I know theirs one for allowing external users to auto-update tickets via email, but I'm an internal user,

thanks

Gary

Capture.JPG

Hi @Gary@ADL

I've just reviewed the logs for that specific ticket you referenced and according to the logs the email was not applied because the incident was in closed status and you do not have the setting enabled to allow updates to closed incidents the sender's email is matching more than one record in the user table, hence the routing rule is unable to establish who is actually the sender. Check the admin account, it has the same email address as your user...

If you wish to enable the setting for closed incidents you will need to update the following setting via the Admin tool -> Hornbill Service Manager -> Settings: app.email.routing.rules.allowClosedCallUpdates.IN

It seems the issue will only occur if you are sending the email (not sure if there are more than one user with same email address though) so no other email should be affected. I would also suggest a different email address for the admin account if you like... this is the advantages of having your email address on admin account overweight the downside of having to apply emails from your email address manually... :)

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,

Dave.

34 minutes ago, lokent said:

+1

@lokent the issue reported by Gary is caused by a specific configuration/data in your instance. Do you experience the same issue? We would need some more details, please :)

@Gary@ADL we have corrected the original reply as more investigation revealed a different root cause ;) ... Just an FYI

Hi,

We seem to be having a similar issue, one of the ones that didn't auto attach did have the same email address against two accounts when we went to apply it manually, but others haven't and when we've clicked the apply to Request button in the mailbox it has found the correct request to assign it to so we've not been sure why it hasn't applied the update automatically. I think all the ones that have failed have been for calls that are on-hold, so I don't know if that makes a difference? We also seem to have had some emails automatically applied to closed calls (despite me checking the setting is off that allows updates to closed calls) but this doesn't always happen as when I try and test the emails end up in the inbox as they should.

Many thanks,

Jenny

2 minutes ago, Jenny said:

but others haven't and when we've clicked the apply to Request button in the mailbox it has found the correct request to assign it to so we've not been sure why it hasn't applied the update automatically.

2 minutes ago, Jenny said:

We also seem to have had some emails automatically applied to closed calls (despite me checking the setting is off that allows updates to closed calls)

@Jenny to investigate this, for both scenarios, I need some request references and what emails created the issue... You can PM the details if you like.

Hi @Victor

One that we had to apply manually yesterday was SR00004240, the email was manually attached to the request.

Updated closed requests - SR00001652 (this was also updated by an analyst while closed so I don't know if that kicked something out of kilter) and SR00001116 had an autoreply automatically added after closed.

Most are working as expected, just seems to be the odd ones and we can't work out why.

Thanks,

Jenny