Timeline gone after removing user

HHH

One of our team recently retired so she assigned her tickets to the rest of the team and after retirement her account was deleted.

Now the timeline to the tickets previously assigned to her is missing.

How can we get it to show again?

IN00000411_-_Hornbill_-_2018-03-08_15.39.23.png

I did a workaround by creating a user with the same ID. Then it fell into place.

But something is seriously wrong if you cannot delete a user w.o locking up any ticket they were ever involved in.

1 hour ago, HHH said:

assigned her tickets to the rest of the team

Echo on @Dan Munns if you archive leaver/retired account, tickets will still assigned to the rest of the team.

Perhaps in the future, Hornbill will have a new feature to be able to delete account without affecting the tickets.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:17 PM, Dan Munns said:

Did you delete the account or archive it? 

I believe that archiving is the way to go (especially for ex analysts) 

I deleted since I wanted to keep the user list tidy. The recreated user is now archived.

23 hours ago, Aaron Summers said:

Echo on @Dan Munns if you archive leaver/retired account, tickets will still assigned to the rest of the team.

Perhaps in the future, Hornbill will have a new feature to be able to delete account without affecting the tickets.

I thought that assignment wasn't an issue. It was the timeline failed to load if it referenced the deleted user. 

I was under the impression that once you deleted a user the ID was removed from the db (or set to a value not seen by anything), so wherever the timeline references the user it will fail as the referenced object does not exist.

Other than have it say *user deleted* or similar cant see another option. 

@Dan Munns I agreed but this affected us too in regard of delete user and the tickets went missing so our workaround is to archive the user until all tickets is closed would then we delete the user afterwards.

But it been awhile and perhaps it been through change since then. One way to know is when one of the admin leave to test this method of delete the user instead of archive. B)