Email loop created over 300 tickets

Dan Munns

Hi, 

The notification for assignment has created an email loop with one of our monitoring systems and generated a stream of tickets via the auto responder. I need to cancel them all ASAP but I can only resolve or update them via multi selection. 

If someone from Hornbill could cancel them all for me ASAP it would be appreciated.  

They are all in our IT Security team queue with the summary "[Postmaster] Content Alert Notification" logged under the Content Alert Notifications service. All the tickets of this type from IN00010029 need to be deleted please. 

Thanks  

@Steven Boardman

Edit: I have an excel with all the call references in if that helps

Edit 2: Total requests is 344

Hi Dan,

thanks for your post.

This is a request that would not normally be fulfilled by Hornbill Support as it is effectively an administrative task. From what I can tell the tickets logged were not as a result of any fault or defect with the platform or applications, which would be the situation where we would perform such an activity. Do you feel that this is the case?

In the absence of a multi-select cancel option, the solution would be to work through each request and cancel using the appropriate action button within the ticket. An alternative could be found in the form of the Hornbill Clean Utility (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_Clean_Utility). This tool can acheive the desired result as it has the ability to permanently delete request data based on a list of request references. However, such a tool should be used with extreme caution as mistakes (incorrect references etc.) in the configuration file could be costly. 

If you would like to enlist our Expert Services team to perform this task for you, we would be more than happy to do so and this service can be requested via the Hornbill Success Portal, available at: https://success.hornbill.com/hornbill/

Aside from the options above, I'm sorry that on this occasion I cannot be of more help.

Dan

@Dan MunnsAs a temporary measure you could create an "Archive" team and use the multi-select to reassign to this team.  This way you can get these out of sight of your users and give you the time to manage them how you would like to.

We do have a change in our backlog to allow for the multi-select to include an option for cancelling, provided you have the right to cancel.  I'll add you to this change and let you know when we are closer to having this completed.

Regards,

James