Request View By Site

alecwa

Hi!

I may be doing something a bit silly, I am not sure... But a colleague wanted to have a view of all tickets for users in our Edinburgh office, but this came back blank. I gave it a go just in case he'd configured it wrong, but mine came back with just one ticket...

I know at least one other person with a site of "Edinburgh" has two tickets against them, so this view should bring back much more than one!

Anything obvious I should be trying?

The users in question do have their "site" field populated with "Edinburgh"... Other than that I don't know what could be going wrong...

image.thumb.png.d3c014ebc936a543c026d246ea5d396e.png

@alecwa as mentioned in this recent forum post, there are inherent filters for security and confidentiality purposes in relation to request access which dictates what requests are displayed in custom views. I have detailed this in an older forum post (this query comes up every now and then):

On 20/11/2017 at 3:53 PM, Victor said:

when creating custom views, if your criteria does not include teams or service, Hornbill will apply the default visibility restrictions as per your current service configuration: 

• if your custom view does not have a team criterion, the view results will be automatically filtered to exclude requests raised against a team of which the user is not a member of. 
  • if your custom view does not have service criterion, the view results will be automatically filtered to exclude requests raised against services which the user's teams are not supporting; 

These filters are applied by default in addition to whatever criteria is specified in the custom view, of course, this is if the conditions are met (i.e. custom view does not have a team criteria and/or custom view does not have service criteria)

Can you confirm or have any examples of a request that should match all the criteria in the filter (service, request type, status) but is not displayed in the results?

To tie up this thread (for now at least) the issue was caused by site not being set on requests. There was a misunderstanding that site on requests is populated automatically from customer's details, which is not, but this can be achieved rather simply via BP (have a Get Request Information - Customer Details node followed by an Update Request - Site node)

• Thanks 1