Details and Linked Requests

SJEaton

Hi we are starting to use linked requests a lot more and like the functionality where you can for example suspend the original request until the linked request updates the original request content.  I was however wondering if you can actually update details of a linked request?  We have added 2 custom fields in our 'I Want to Appoint' request details (custom_a and custom_b) and would like these to copy to a linked 'Internal Transfer' request that is raised and then when updated in the linked request, update the corresponding details in the original request but can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Is it possible?

Sam

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 1:38 PM, Victor said:

@SJEaton 

Not possible. The only update you can make on a linked request is a timeline update.

Being able to push updates to a linked request would be an awesome feature. Could this be added as a development request please.

There is a BPM Workflow option for updating linked requests.  This is particularly useful when resolving or closing a parent request that it can provide an update to the child request or it can resolve the child requests automatically.  As mentioned above, this only applies to the timeline updates and not custom fields.

image.png

This will of course only allow updates to be applied at set points within the workflow but does not provide adhoc updates on a parent to be added to a child request.  We do have a change in our backlog for this and I will make sure you are all added to this change and that the post is updated once this change has started.

Regards,

James