Additional Filters on Service Manager

Michael Sharp

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post.

We are working on having a request list against each individual contact record.  This might help with your requirement as you can used the Advanced Filter on the Contact List to view a particular Job Title and from there you will be able to view each contact record to see the list of requests that they have.   This new request list against the contact record should be available over the next few weeks.

This will not however provide a single list of requests for all the contacts that fall under a particular job title.  Let me know if the feature mentioned above would be  suitable for your needs.

Regards,

James

Hi Mike, 

My suggestion wouldn't provide a single view of all partners.  It would require you to go to each individual partner to see their tickets.  So, possibly not a complete solution that would fit what you are looking for.  This would simply provide a Request List against each contact record or user profile for when the support team look at these, they will see all requests that are for that contact or user.

I will have a look to see other options, but at the moment there isn't anything on planned in our backlog to support filters on requests by job title.

Regards,

James

• 10 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 11:26 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Mike, 

My suggestion wouldn't provide a single view of all partners.  It would require you to go to each individual partner to see their tickets.  So, possibly not a complete solution that would fit what you are looking for.  This would simply provide a Request List against each contact record or user profile for when the support team look at these, they will see all requests that are for that contact or user.

I will have a look to see other options, but at the moment there isn't anything on planned in our backlog to support filters on requests by job title.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Can this be revisited please?  Currently we're running reports on a continuous basis which isn't ideal for day to day ticket management.

Cheers,

Mike.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:08 AM, Michael Sharp said:

My manager would like to be able to filter based on a customer's title i.e. senior members of staff/Partners.  I appreciate reports can be run however this is not suitable for probing tickets.

Hi @Michael Sharp

I'm going to need a bit more clarification on what exactly you are looking for.  Service Manager doesn't provide a separate function that is specific for managing partners, however partners can be added as organisations within Hornbill and have requests raised against them.  Organisation record do already have lists of requests that are associated to the organisation.  If any individual contact that belongs to the organisation raises a request, it will automatically show in this list.

image.png

Regards, 

James

19 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Michael Sharp

I'm going to need a bit more clarification on what exactly you are looking for.  Service Manager doesn't provide a separate function that is specific for managing partners, however partners can be added as organisations within Hornbill and have requests raised against them.  Organisation record do already have lists of requests that are associated to the organisation.  If any individual contact that belongs to the organisation raises a request, it will automatically show in this list.

image.png

Regards, 

James

Apologies James, to be clear a "Partner" is a usually a title for a VIP in the Legal sector so essentially I want a filter on a set of values taken from the customer's title field e.g. any title with the word "Partner" in it.

Regards,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp

Have you considered creating separate service levels for your Partners (VIP Users)?  Not only would this provide a way to filter (create Views) on these users within the Request list, but you will also be able to provide unique targets, specific reporting on how you respond to these users, BPM options based on these users, and more.

Regards,

James

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 8:19 PM, James Ainsworth said:

@Michael Sharp

Have you considered creating separate service levels for your Partners (VIP Users)?  Not only would this provide a way to filter (create Views) on these users within the Request list, but you will also be able to provide unique targets, specific reporting on how you respond to these users, BPM options based on these users, and more.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Not ideal as we have SLAs which are bumped upwards based on the customer title e.g. a decision node on the BPM looks if the word "Partner" (and other VIP words) is contained on the users' title.  With that in place, we can bump up a P3 to a P2 automatically for example.  Appreciate there may not be a large appetite for this however.

Regards,

Mike.