How do we search content of .eml files exported by Email Archiver

I've downloaded the email archiver to archive the content of two of our mailboxes that are no longer in use so we can store the data outside of Hornbill and reduce our shared mailbox subscription.  While it is expected that we won't routinely need to access the archived mail items, we do need some way of finding mail items in the archive.  At the moment, it appears that the archiver just exports the mail items to the chosen location with file names only including a reference number and export date.

Please can you advise how we can search through the content of the exported files once in an archive location.  The only thing I can think of is to store them in SharePoint where you can search content of files.

I checked the wiki page and this doesn't mention any way of how one could search the archived files. 

Email Archiver - Hornbill

• 2 weeks later...

@Stuart Torres-Catmur The Tool is designed to remove the emails from your Instance and provide them as files that you can retain locally without consuming Hornbill storage.

Once they are exported they are your files to process as you see fit, if you need to free-search the archives (either natively or via some sort of file-searching tool) this would be something you would need to investigate internally, Hornbill do not provide this.