Users unable to close requests

I have two users who today are unable to close Release Requests and Service Requests (possibly Incidents as well, they just haven't tried yet). They could previously close tickets and have been users for 3 years.

I have Super User Role and can close tickets, so this appears to be a permissions issue. I have checked the user's roles and cannot see any obvious ones missing, nor have we made any changes to user access.

These are the Roles these users have:

image.thumb.png.1a4d9d38732a18d3d314ad79171521a6.png

I've seen this error in the logs also suggesting a permissions issue:

/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_modules/global_helper.js(316): error X1001: Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[admin::getApplicationList] The following rights [manageApplications] in Group D are needed to invoke the method admin::getApplicationList

• 2 weeks later...

This is not an issue that we have been able to reproduce.

On 03/04/2024 at 14:11, Caroline said:

/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/flowcode/fc_modules/global_helper.js(316): error X1001: Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[admin::getApplicationList] The following rights [manageApplications] in Group D are needed to invoke the method admin::getApplicationList

is not in any way related to closing tickets, I would only expect to see this operation called in the Admin view, and if it was the cause of the User not closing the Request it would have appeared as a popup at the time.

Some information on how the Users are trying to close tickets, what happens when they do, any errors or other messages etc. would be useful here.

As a final note, the Super User role should not be applied to any User who uses the system on a day-to-day basis, this should be reserved for the System Administrator account (or a similar User) where it would only be required to access the system and reset settings if something catastrophic happens.

@Steve Giller Thanks for coming back to me. I found that error in the logs thinking it would be more helpful for troubleshooting. This is what the user saw:

image.png.7d0a0382c7135b4bc9ce88beeed61f01.png

As no-one came back to me I managed to find a workaround by creating a Role with the manageApplications privilege and assigned it to the affected users, although this isn't ideal as it could give them access we don't want. It gets the user around the blocker but they now get a different error when resolving tickets. Unfortunately I can't find anything in the logs that provides more detail on this error. It seems whilst the user gets the error, if they come out the ticket and go back in then it is resolved. To resolve a ticket the user goes into the ticket, goes to the Resolution tab, enters a description and selects a category. Error occurs when they click Resolve. 

image.png.08436588e0ed604ce5265adb9525f590.png

Regarding the Super User role, I've had this since day 1, wasn't aware I shouldn't have it. I removed it last week to test something then started getting errors myself when resolving cases, so I put it back on for now until all the issues are resolved.

In addition to the above, a user has just had this when completing a release request workflow.

image.png.7260217c383e80c25032ca535ddf459c.png

The workflow log has this:

1.656896s ERROR

Execution Failed: Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node '8a21a7f9-dadc-2031-0697-69317467c95b/flowcode-90d43907': <methodCallResult status="fail"> <state> <code>0207</code> <service>apps</service> <operation>updateReqStatus</operation> <error>/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_modules/requests_helper.js(12295): error X1001: Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.suppliermanager::stopActiveSupplierContractEventAgainstServiceManagerRequest] Your session does not have rights to the &apos;com.hornbill.suppliermanager&apos; application</error> <flowcodeError> <where>Execute</where> <filename>/apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_modules/requests_helper.js</filename> <lineNumber>12295</lineNumber> <columnPos>19</columnPos> <message>Uncaught EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[apps/com.hornbill.suppliermanager::stopActiveSupplierContractEventAgainstServiceManagerRequest] Your session does not have rights to the &apos;com.hornbill.suppliermanager&apos; application</message> <errorCode>1001</errorCode> <stackTrace>systemResolveRequest at /apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_modules/requests_helper.js(12295:20)</stackTrace> <stackTrace>updateRequestStatus at /apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_modules/requests_bpm_helper.js(4902:35)</stackTrace> <stackTrace>at /apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/entities/Requests/fc_bpm/updateReqStatus.js(15:41)</stackTrace> </flowcodeError> </state> </methodCallResult>

In the workflow the user completes a task which then sets a checkpoint before updating the status to Resolved. If I go into Failed workflows and Restart process it then continues happily. 

I notice in the more detailed error it mentions suppliermanager which is an app I can see we have installed but we don't currently use and no-one has access.