Issue with Parallel Processing moving all the way through

I'm using parallel processing to manage the addition of customers to multiple AD groups depending on their selection.

All the ITOM actions take place but the timeline update doesn't happen and the process is just suspending on the end parallel process node and not moving forward. where am i going wrong?

This is how my process looks:
image.png.be0d4cc563509e64d02850ad8d2f4686.png

and it just stays like that :(

Is it just one of the Timeline updates for the triggered ITOM actions, or all of them?

If one, there's possibly an issue with the connected ITOM action, if all of them it may be that the process does not "see" the ITOM action finishing, so is not able to progress.

So, i get the timeline update for the first one but none of the others.

Also i have tried removing all the timeline node update and just have it doing the ITOM work and i get the same issue, so it could be what you mentioned @Steve Giller  that the process doesnt see the itom actions finishing. Any suggestion to test that theory?

I would suggest running them in sequence without using Parallel Processing at all.
If that works then they may simply not be compatible with Parallel Processing.

I don't have a domain to test against, so if the above doesn't work, or you have an overriding need to run them in parallel post back here and one of the Developers will be able to respond.

• Like 1

@Llyr,

Obvious problem: you are ending the parallel processing incorrectly: to END parallel processing you need to use the "Finish Parallel Processing"-node. This is visually different: ORANGE not GREEN.

Hi,

I did have the finish node in:

image.png.bc9a8b600b62786ad26a86e63a1eaad7.png

it looked green when i was looking at it from the Managing Executed Workflow section to see why it was not moving forward.

I wish it was that simple of a mistake :)

@Llyr grumble - I thought is was that simple. Am I correct in assuming that the "result" nodes are all just updating Custom fields? OR are they doing something different? Specifically, they shouldn't be "Pending"-nodes.

Could you please send Support your workflow and we can have a look.

All the results node should do is just update the timeline with the results of the automation.

I will log a support ticket now about the issue and send them the workflow.