system auto responder timeline posts not visible to connection in the employee portal

Adam Toms

Hi all,

We have a complex ticket flow, which requires members of staff, outside of agents to vet the information in a ticket for our HR team, to then proceed with the information.

Using the connections options we've got to about 95% of the way there, but the members outside of the team, need to be able to see email correspondence within the ticket in the employee portal from a system auto responder post in the ticket timeline.

I note as an admin, I personally can change the visibility of the post, but this won't work for the HR team using it as they are not. 

Is there a way that the system auto responder email can be set to be visible automatically appear in both portals?

Many Thanks.

Thanks @Steve Giller I was a bit confused as this was listed as a routing rule, which as this email isn't coming from a routing rule I've created I didn't think this was the right setting. But I suppose an email update is following a default routing rule.

I've set this to customer. But should it not be visible, the next one down is public I assume means anyone with access to that ticket can see the status. Or does public mean open to anyone and everyone? 

Public is more open than Customer - so connections and, if the Customer Portal is set to allow viewing of all your Organisation's Requests, colleagues within a Contact's Organisation would have visibility of those updates.

As far as I'm aware, if a Request has been updated from an email (with the exception of External Authorisations) this will be via a Routing Rule. At a high level Routing Rules and Auto Responder are synonymous; the Routing Rules define how the Auto Responder actions the incoming email.

This will not, of course, apply to emails manually applied to the Timeline via the "Apply to Request" option in the Mail app.

• Like 1