Profiles

will.good

It has always been possible to create new profiles, but it's never been possible to use any new ones besides the existing ones. I believe it has been raised in the past (possibly by myself as well) to allow being able to use a different profile against a service, and I think there was a reason this couldn't be done in the base Service Manager application (but I cannot remember what that reason was).

+1 to this idea for Service Manager, but I suspect this might be only, unfortunately, be possible in Hornbill Enterprise which we don't have.

@James Ainsworth Potentially! We like the idea of having a full breadcrumb trail of categorisation (i.e. Level 1 > Level 2 > Level 3 etc) so as long as tags allowed a kind of drill down, I'd be interested for sure.

I do think a setting to be able to define which profile tree is used for categories or closure categories is definitely a missing feature though, and defeats the point of being able to add / delete entire profile trees (which I don't understand why the functionality exists to do so).

On 23/01/2024 at 16:33, will.good said:

how can we define this to be used on either Closure or Request (in place of the ones we use currently)

If it's a Request Category, you build it under "Request" or for a Closure Category, you build it under "Closure"

To ensure only the Coding Tree category (and its sub-categories) are used for a Service you filter using the Request/Resolution Category Level as appropriate.

image.png

Then you will see the relevant Profiles on the Request Category Action:
image.png

and Resolution/Closure Category Action:
image.png