Is there a way we can receive an email notification when we are tagged in a ticket in Hornbill? as currently it only shows up in the notifications in the portal and are being missed.

Hi,

I would like to know, Is there a way we can receive an email notification when we are tagged in a ticket in Hornbill? as currently it only shows up in the notifications in the portal and are being missed. Please help me to understand if this is feasible to do so? I am referring to the below Bell icon which stores the @Mentions in its list.

image.png.96d6b52e7a2d2a73d34fe7fc4112db5e.png

Regards,

Sahana

Hi @Keith Stevenson, Thanks for your quick response on this.

But I tried enabling all Email Notification, in my personal notification settings, but I never received any emails when I was mentioned in one of the SR. Can you please suggest, where else can I configure this one? So, that I can get an email notification when my name is mentioned in a ticket.

Thanks,

Sahana

image.png.f540abc326258918b400ab9817372a98.png

7 minutes ago, Keith Stevenson said:

@Sahana. Shenoy
Thanks for the clarification. I think I may have mis-understood the original request. The email notification will only apply to assign or updates of calls you are a member of , it wont email on adhoc @XXXX type posts. 

Kind Regards

Keith Stevenson

We'd be interested in this functionality. An email to say "you have been mentioned on SRXXXXXXX" would be useful for us -could this be marked as an enhancement please?

• Like 1

A developer may be able to correct me here, but my understanding is that Mentions are not Application functionality, they are Platform, and as such you will get an email for every mention, wherever it occurs; this will not be restricted to Timeline entries.

@Steve Giller  Hi, Could you please advice, where can I configure the settings for receiving an email notification for @Mentions. Today again one of my colleague tagged me in a post for testing purpose, I could see this under the Bell icon on my home page. But it didn't trigger any email for me. If this can be configured, please let me know, how can I get this done.

Thanks,

Sahana

image.png.12926d0f0af35ac40533fe3372b179cd.png 

4 minutes ago, Sahana. Shenoy said:

Could you please advice, where can I configure the settings for receiving an email notification for @Mentions.

There is no setting to receive emails for Mentions - these are designed for communicating within Hornbill.
The options available for Mentions are the notification within Hornbill and Desktop notifications from your browser.