Custom Fields not pulling through on workflow

mmensah

Hello Everyone,

i recently developed an upgrade to an existing workflow but i discovered that this workflow has historically been failing to port over custom fields, affecting some of the emails and the summary content.

i've managed to fix the summary content problem, however the issue of missing custom field in the emails is still prevalent.

Please see the attached screenshots of this workflow, does anyone know where i'm going wrong with this?image.png.ee4e45d1c4ee0d3a46843bcd7053d204.png

@mmensah It's not clear from the description how you are populating the custom fields - I can't see anything on the workflow that suggests any values are being assigned, but the first step in troubleshooting this would always be to post the contents of the required fields to the Timeline so you can see whether they are empty or do contain the correct values.

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2024 at 10:50, Steve Giller said:

@mmensah It's not clear from the description how you are populating the custom fields - I can't see anything on the workflow that suggests any values are being assigned, but the first step in troubleshooting this would always be to post the contents of the required fields to the Timeline so you can see whether they are empty or do contain the correct values.

Hi Steve,

The process definitely recognises the fields because the authorisation messages pull out the values with no problem in the same process.

Please see attached: an email referencing missing values & the subsequent authorisation email that doesn't.

Kind regards,

Martin

image.thumb.png.daf0c51da1a43b40932f58f5c100eda5.pngimage.thumb.png.70e5d02c8fec160b27326497594687f0.png

Hi Martin

I note you have integer fields set on 2 of the data fields and using integer fields can cause issues. I know I have had several services where the custom data was not populating as we set an integer for a phone number incorrectly, and if an invalid value is entered into 1 field all custom fields will fail. For example your card limit field is set to 28 integer so if someone entered the card limit as 1000.00 this would fail as it is not a whole number. Do you write these fileds to the Details tab as part of the process and does the detail tab show any custom data populating or are all fields blank?

Many thanks

Adrian