Improvements to Custom Questions in ICF and Human Task configuration nodes

samwoo

Good afternoon,

I hope I've put this in a suitable location, that caters for both the ICF and Workflow.

I would like to request the following enhancements when editing Custom Questions in the Custom Form Nodes in the ICF or in Human Tasks.

• Allow us to pick up a question, and drag it to where we want to be in the list of questions

• Alternatively, add functionality to the up and down arrows. If we CTRL + click on the Up arrow, it moves the question to the top of the list. Similarly, if doing this to the down arrow, it moves the question to the bottom of the list.
    image.png.60b83302e2cd9e06f03dba88ae65ebe6.png

• Add an order/sequence field to the left-side of the question so we can visually see the sequencing, and allow us to update the sequence number for a question, which will the reorder the questions accordingly (I've seen this behaviour in other Apps) - this could go hand in hand with the up and down arrows, or replace them entirely.
    image.png.441dc0b54ec74fec2773dcb24fb5787f.png

• Add a Preview Form button so we can see what the form looks or Human Task looks like before we publish it
    image.png.0393050eb14afa94f70b5e4b4f43c8c0.png

@Richard.Ashton FYI

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 2

+1 to all of the above.  

I'd also like the ability to copy a Custom Question to another node if its possible.  

It would also be useful (but perhaps a bit cumbersome visually) to be able to see the Field Name for each Question in these line headings (because on a big ICF, it can be quite difficult to find a field that may be causing an error, or where they are set to Custom Fields)

1 minute ago, Sam P said:

It would also be useful (but perhaps a bit cumbersome visually) to be able to see the Field Name for each Question in these line headings

+1 - this would be useful, for sure. We'd need more space for the right-hand side node configuration, and I can see this being possible.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2023 at 12:34, samwoo said:

Good afternoon,

I hope I've put this in a suitable location, that caters for both the ICF and Workflow.

I would like to request the following enhancements when editing Custom Questions in the Custom Form Nodes in the ICF or in Human Tasks.

• Allow us to pick up a question, and drag it to where we want to be in the list of questions

• Alternatively, add functionality to the up and down arrows. If we CTRL + click on the Up arrow, it moves the question to the top of the list. Similarly, if doing this to the down arrow, it moves the question to the bottom of the list.
    image.png.60b83302e2cd9e06f03dba88ae65ebe6.png

• Add an order/sequence field to the left-side of the question so we can visually see the sequencing, and allow us to update the sequence number for a question, which will the reorder the questions accordingly (I've seen this behaviour in other Apps) - this could go hand in hand with the up and down arrows, or replace them entirely.
    image.png.441dc0b54ec74fec2773dcb24fb5787f.png

• Add a Preview Form button so we can see what the form looks or Human Task looks like before we publish it
    image.png.0393050eb14afa94f70b5e4b4f43c8c0.png

@Richard.Ashton FYI

Thanks,

Samuel

Plus one for us too.  Moving a new field in a form is very time consuming and I often end up moving another field incorrectly which is annoying if the form is complex.

Alternatively could we have the ability to add/insert a field into anywhere in the form field list instead of it appearing at the bottom and then having to move it?  This would be much more efficient and cause a lot less errors.
Thanks

• Like 2