Trigger a date variable capture from an autotask?

Ben Maddams

Hello,

We've been looking at setting an auto-task from a incident, which would allow an engineer to send an entry to their O365 calender as a reminder for when requesters
come back with their availability to address the issue at a specific time (i.e, The user is available after 3pm on Friday, to for us to look into this, will contact them then).

I think we understand the IBridge integration enough to set a calendar entry for the specific engineers calendar, but how would we capture a dynamic date/time variable set by
the engineer during auto-task, to set the calendar entry to this variable time? I don't really want to build this as a mandatory task included on all incidents as it would only be
sed in cases where the user isn't immediately available.

Many thanks,

Ben

@Ben Maddams and @HHH I will use this as an opportunity to see if you'd like to support this long-requested feature of enhancing the Autotask functionality to be more of an on-demand sub-workflow that can accept variables. I believe this will be very powerful. The main reason to have it would be to enable execution of operations any time in the lifecycle of the Request where the chronological nature of the Workflow/BPM normally only allows those operations at certain points in time. Your example of booking a calendar appointment is perfect; you cannot predict when this will be possible to do and may want to do it at multiple stages of the main Request Workflow so the ability for the Autotask to pop an input box and use that input to update a Request field/custom field and then operate on it would be very useful.

On 22/11/2023 at 16:18, Ben Maddams said:

We've been looking at setting an auto-task from a incident

As mentioned on the linked thread above - once you are asking for an input value (that will inevitably expand to multiple inputs) you are really describing a sub-request.

You could build this functionality with a Custom Button that is a link to a CI, raising a simple, single-form Intelligent Capture for the required date and any description or notes, with a Workflow behind the Request that automates the O365 Calendar actions and closes itself off.

• Like 1