Enhancement: Replicate ICF ability to select Users of an Org Group into Workflows

Berto2002

Some time ago I requested that Hornbill introduce a feature to allow a Customer to select the members of an Organisation Group when logging new Requests.

Hornbill fulfilled it with this feature which was great:

image.png.94f0514eae98f66f37d999e7bd0773c3.png

BUT there's a very similar place in the Workflow (BPM) where the pickers are configured in a similar way but we cannot select from the users of an Org Group.

From a use-case perspective, we have a problem now where the user can select a member of a group but if our service desk detect that person is out of the office, they cannot re-select another one using the same criteria!

So we cannot migrate away from using a simplelist for this feature because we need both the user and the service desk to be able to select from the same list....

We need the same feature there! I request it please; select from org groups.... I wish I had asked for it in the same time as the ICF!!!

image.thumb.png.815af696bd5bd61676c997eb0598bb07.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Giller said:

Capture Outcome fields in Human Tasks?

Yes

image.png.65544682107cef86c9051e5452266289.png

I can select "dynamic drop-down box" option in both Workflow and ICF but my "data provider" options are only simplelists in Workflows; whereas in the ICF sister function, there is a "Provider Type" which allows selection of "Simplelist" or "Data Query" and then the latter onwards shows the "Data Provider" with different "pickers" (including the new one for members of an organisation group).

What I am highlighting is that it looks like at one stage the ICF and Workflow versions of these "Field Type Settings" were created to do the same job but they have diverged or not been kept in line as time has gone on; so there are different capabilities in each. At the high level I am really requesting these be aligned.

In Workflow:

image.png.cadc9a35dd01d333abf73164d0246cee.png

In ICF:

image.png.4db7dfe45266c4d2232b31d2ff229263.png

Workflow options in the Field Type include the two "pickers":

image.png.1c7ca6b38873b031614229b28799c084.png

The Provider Type which is "missing" from the Workflow version, behind which the ICF version allows so much more rich selections:

image.png.d601f3f356a92f6d54f0c710217ad6b3.png

As a result of this, my Basic Users can select a user from an Org Group but my Full Users have no functionality to be able to do the same, as an example.

+++++++1 
The workflow should have the same Data Provider - Data Query options that are available in the IC
i.e. Get Organisations image.png.8b9e372656426a203ccb2f2b23692fe1.png
This will allow us to validate the information being provided via a Human Task, and ensure Hornbill Automation, such as raising new linked problem, is as accurate as possible, and contains required information, in agreed formats.
It also means that the end user can complete all their actions via the workflow.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

+1 for sure. I've had struggles due to there not being Data Query options in Human Task and have probably mentioned it quite a few times in different posts over the years. Think there was a reason it isn't possible yet, but cannot quite remember.

• Like 1