Linked requests resolved with no owner / does it also resolve the linked request if it is on hold?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I am just looking for some clarifications over resolving linked requests please.

Normally if its just a single request with no owner assigned the system will prevent the request from being resolved until someone is assigned. However, I have noted the scenario below, and just wanted clarification on how the system would handle this please:

- Parent request with an owner has child requests linked with no owner. Would selecting 'Resolve this request and all linked requests' override the setting where normally it would refuse resolution without an owner? I am presuming it does as I have 2 requests with parent / child requests without owners that were moved to resolved.

- Would resolving the parent request also resolve the child request if the child request is on hold?

Many thanks as always

Adrian

21 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

Parent request with an owner has child requests linked with no owner. Would selecting 'Resolve this request and all linked requests' override the setting where normally it would refuse resolution without an owner?

image.png

No, the setting is honoured.

28 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

Would resolving the parent request also resolve the child request if the child request is on hold?

image.png

For me, the option to Resolve linked Requests is not shown when the Linked Request is on hold. (I do not have resolve as an option under app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.request.onHold.actions)

• Like 1