Struggling to open a new workflow - memory issues ?

Hi All,

I have a new process I am working on which has a large number of decision nodes in one of the stages, and i am struggling to get it to load / update. Is there a limit to the number of decision branches / nodes we can use in a stage ? The script I have has 31 paths on a decision tree each with 3 lines of outcomes, so essentially around 93 paths in the stage. if i do anything in the script (open it, move a node, delete a node, type text into a node config) it is taking around at least 1 minute to respond. We have done some monitoring with Task manager and can see it is quite data intensive as it loads the script so I wanted to understand this further - is it because there are too many lines in the stage, or is it because my laptop / browser struggles to load the data each time I make a change?

Any advice of course appreciated as always - I know this is a hard thing to pin down to a particular failure point due to the overall setup of the system being cloud based, but wanted to see if I have breached a limit on the workflow?

Many thanks as always

Adrian

If the limitations were on the Hornbill side I would expect the Workflow not to load at all - as far as I'm aware there are no limits to the Workflow, however the larger the workflow the longer it will take to pull down from the Server, the more memory it will take on your local device, and the more resources your browser will need, so there is a practical limit, although this would be outside of Hornbill and more local to your environment.

I'll ask Development to review this answer and correct me if I'm mistaken or have missed anything important.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve I am already suspecting it is more to do with the infrastructure / my laptops limits rather than the size so wanted to see if there was any hard and fast rule around overloading a process. Might be a good excuse for me to get a new laptop at last lol

Many thanks