Adding connections across Service Domains - possible enhancement

Adam Toms

Hi All,

I need to come up with a way of adding connections, to allow a basic user, to be able to see a ticket, but this ticket doesn't live in the same domain.

We've purposely separated this out for reporting reasons, but we do need the ability for none users to be able to see the ticket. The connections tab works very well but the issue we have is that only works if the ticket resides in the same domain.

I'm not sure of the best way of achieving this without requesting an enhancement to allow connections to see a ticket across domain, and the agent adding the connection could then specify the domain on which the ticket then appears in the employee portal for the basic user to access.

Keen to explore thoughts and ideas on this, as I'm stumped the workaround is to screenshot information out of the ticket, but that has its drawbacks.

Many Thanks.

@Adam Toms in regards to this, on your employee portal, on the home page are you referring to the request list widget?  I can understand for service domain specific pages, if these are not set to '''public''', and the connected users are not subscribed to any services in those domains that they would not see the domain pages in the navigation bar, thus not see the page and the request list wdiget for those domains.

On the landing page, could you use a request list widget which by default should not be filtered to any specific service domain, so should show the user all tickets they are connected too?

Likewise there is the option to use the link widget on the home page to direct users to a '''child''' page which contains a request list widget which has the Disable filtering by service domain option selected, so will show the user all their requests irrespective of the service domain.  This approach would not show this page in the Navigation menu, but could be a visible as a links widget on the landing page.

image.png

I've tested this for a user who is not subscribed to services in a specific service domain, i have then added them as a connection to a request logged against a service in that service domain, and they can see the request they are connected to on the request list widget on the landing page, but don't have access to the service domain page via the navigation page.

Also make sure on the service configuration, that you allow the specific connection type to have the rights to either view or collaborate on the request types on that service.

image.png

• Thanks 1