Link to a request someone has been connected to

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

I wanted to see if we connect someone to a request am I able to inject a link in the outgoing email to open the connected request in MY REQUESTS at all? Currently we provide a link for the customer to access the request, but I wanted to see if I can inject a link for the connected user to open the request in the Support Hub. The person connected is not a collaboration user, just a basic user. Initial testing with the existing link below is not working for the basic user who has been connected:

Currently we use this link for customers: live.hornbill.com/mse/catalog/com.hornbill.servicemanager/request/{{.H_pk_reference}}/

Many thanks as always

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your post.  Basic users can be added as a connection and you should be able to provide them a link to view that request.

Your link looks correct.  

The first thing to check is the Connection Type.  Under the Service Portfolio, open the service under which this request is located.  Select the Connections tab. You'll want to make sure that the request type under the View Request column is selected for the connection type that you are assigning to that user.

image.png

Let us know if this helps.

• Like 1