Timeout when completing an IC in the portal

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

i have recently started running a pilot for one of our clinical teams to use Hornbill to raise changes to clinics.

It appears that the staff feedback indicates they are taking a long time to complete the form so it keeps timing out. I have given some recommendations to them to avoid this issue going forward (main item I advised was to ensure they have all the request data available before raising the request) as it appears they were confirming the data 'live' that needed to be input hence the delay in raising the request.

What I wanted to check is is there a timer set for completing an IC form in the portal and is it a setting we can influence please? Or is this something outside of our rights in the system?

I know there have been other posts around having a save form option to allow people to revisit long complex requests but this is more around the current screen timeout setting

Many thanks as always

Adrian

What are the symptoms of the timeout?
I've just left an Intelligent Capture unattended for almost an hour, no actions at all on the Instance, let alone the Capture, and I was able to carry on inputting data and raise the Request.
How long is it being left for?
The timeouts built into Hornbill are, to the best of my knowledge, based on inactivity, not on a time limit from opening a Form to completing it, so unless the End User is walking away from the form and not entering anything for [insert your Instance's timeout value here] then there should not be an issue - although the mention of screen timeout makes me wonder if exactly that is occurring, if you are referring to the Windows screensaver kicking in.

• Like 1