Self service - Attachments not coming through

JAquino

We have just realised that attachments are not coming through to our tickets when a ticket is raised via self service. You can see from the screenshot attached  I've uploaded a file, but when I open the ticket there is no attachment listed.

This may have been happening for a month or more (the majority of our tickets are raised from email so we hadn't really paid it much attention).

Our background processes have not changed in a very long time. Guessing an update has messed with it. Please advise how we can restore this functionality.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 084727.jpg

@JAquino I can't access that message, but I suspect it was from quite some time ago.

Progressive Capture 1 is now fully deprecated, and we cannot reproduce this behaviour on PC2, so the advice from Development is that turning guest.app.experimental.enableProgressiveCapture2 on will resolve this issue.
If you still see the same behaviour after turning the setting on, please let us know, but (as it is deprecated) there will be no further fixes to the PC1 functionality - the fix is to move to PC2.

• Thanks 1

@Steve Giller

Thank you Steve. Unfortunately, re-enabled ProgressiveCapture2 has re-introduced the problem we had before.

When raising tickets from emails, certain attachments are not being pulled through to the ticket.

I am turning off ProgressiveCapture2 as this is creating a bigger issue for us than self service attachments not coming through. Would be grateful for assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon @JAquino

may I ask for more details about the issue you are experiencing with the attachments ?

If I understand well, you're using the functionality 'Raise Request' from an email.
Can you give more details about 'certain attachments' ?  Does the issue occurs only with some of them ? Which type of attachments they are ? Do they have special characters in their name or they are big size ?
Are the attachments linked to the email and they are not carried over the request that has been logged or they are attachments that you add manually via progressive capture and they are not attached to the request ?

If you can provide details, ideally replication steps, that would be very helpful so we can investigate and address the issue.

Thank you

Armando

29 minutes ago, JAquino said:

With PC2 enabled - when we raise a ticket from an email, it is not pulling through the attachments to the ticket.

I've just raised this Request on my Instance with PC2 enabled from email, and the Attachment pulled through without issue.
image.png

Does your Capture have an Attachments form in it?

Do you have any restrictions in your settings for attachments?
e.g. servicemanager.email.maxAttachmentsToProcesssecurity.fileUploadRestriction.* etc. 

@Steve Giller

Settings currently as follows:

security.fileUploadRestriction.webdav.enable               ON
security.fileUploadRestriction.entity.fileAttachments.enable    ON
security.fileUploadRestriction.mail.fileAttachments.enable    ON
security.fileUploadRestriction.itom.fileAttachments.enable    ON
security.fileUploadRestriction.webdav.types             exe;bat;cmd;js;vbs
security.fileUploadRestriction.entity.fileAttachments.types     exe;bat;cmd;js;vbs
security.fileUploadRestriction.itom.fileAttachments.types     exe;bat;cmd;js;vbs
security.fileUploadRestriction.mail.fileAttachments.types     exe;bat;cmd;js;vbs

@Steve Giller, thanks for your reply. We don't have a routing rule configured for this. Tickets that arrive via email are raised manually as we have to determine if they are Incidents or Service Requests and log them appropriately.

The only routing rules we have is the default "Update requests" rule which looks for a reference number in the subject and appends to an open ticket.

Happy to explore adding one if needed, but I would need to fully understand the impact of this before making any changes. It's been a long time since I've done any background design in Hornbill. 

Perhaps a remote session would be easier so you can see our environment?

@Steve Giller, I've done extensive testing today and I am getting some very quirky issues when I re-enable PC2.

The first ticket I log with an attachment whether it be a service request or incident works. I can see the attachment being pulled through on the upload attachments page. So for example if the first ticket I log is an Incident, any incident I log going forward will pull through attachments. If I switch to logging Service Requests, attachments do will not be pulled through.

I close my browser and reopen it. I repeat the process, but this time I start with Service Requests. These work fine. I switch to incidents and suddenly I can no longer get attachments.

Turning off PC2 leaves us back at square one. Tickets we raise via Email/Raise Request work okay, but any attachments added via self service do not pull through.

Happy to demonstrate this over a remote session. If this not possible, please let me know and I will discuss this further with our account manager.

• 5 months later...