Update to Node settings

ilyaas

Hi, following some discussions, we are looking at different automations using hornbill which can save us some admin time. one of these is to automat portal user creation. i have managed to do this for brand new contacts as they currently do not exist however for existing contacts (someone who has previously raised a request) the functions do not facilitate this. 

following some conversations with bob, the node below doesnt allow at present for us to find a contact based on email, at present the only options are contact id or login id, essentially the question is can we add in the email 1 option in there. flow code is &[global["flowcoderefs"]["get"]["email1"]]

image.thumb.png.74a3fb383ee04a5f6cfa1984dea7712d.png

I will ask Development to look at this, however I do not believe this will be possible as there is a setting app.view.contact.disableEmailDuplicateValidation which allows multiple Contacts to have the same email address in the "email1" field, so we cannot guarantee that this field will uniquely identify a Contact on every Instance.

@ilyaas

It would be relatively trivial to add that option to the automation, but as @Steve Giller rightly identifies, there is a regrettable hangover, that some customers use today where the email field is not unique in the contacts database, and so, if we added that option we could not guarantee you would end up getting the right contact where you do not have unique email addresses. 

In fact I had a quick look and this was easy to add, so it will be there in the next core release. 

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...