Raising a call on behalf of another customer doesn't always change the customer to that person

AKJ

We've seen an issue that is cropping up now and again that started a few weeks ago and affects a few workflows. If the customer is raising their call on behalf of someone else, the expected behaviour is that the customer changes to the person they're raising the call for via an update customer node in the business processes, and the person who raised it is added as a connection through a Raised on behalf connection node.

For reasons we cannot figure out, the Raised on behalf connection works as normal but the customer remains as the person who raised the call. This is leading to a lot of confusion when it does happen and the customer must be changed manually. As far as we can tell, only service requests have been affected and does not occur often but seemingly randomly. Workflows affected have not been modified in this regard for several months, so we're at a bit of a loss as to what is causing this.

Is there anything we could check to see what might be causing this?

I noticed this on our instance too. Unfortunately one of the few "Raise on Behalf" requests we have is Long Term Absence, and it did result in some accounts being disabled that shouldn't have been!

It was especially frustrating because as far as I can tell, the Update Customer node still returns "Success" when this happens. So this was happening even though I already had a failsafe decision node that checked the Update Customer outcome before it moved on in the process. It was only brought to my attention because our Service Desk had multiple reports of accounts being disabled this way.

I included a task to manually update the customer for a little bit to keep an eye on them and I noticed it wasn't even happening every time, but couldn't work out a reason for this. I ended up just removing the customer swapping aspect of the request and having to update the rest of the process to accommodate.

Apologies if I missed it somewhere, but shouldn't Hornbill notify their customers directly when a defect like this is discovered? Something like this could potentially cause major issues like our disabled accounts example above, or the wrong accounts getting software or access rights they shouldn't etc.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 2:38 PM, Nanette said:

@AKJ we have identified a defect with the Update Customer node not changing the customer. This is being addressed and will be fixed in a future application update. Please keep an eye on the Announcements section for updates on new releases. 

Ah cool, glad it's on your radar! Many thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is still an issue unfortunately and is continuing to cause us headaches now and again by actioning calls for the wrong people. It doesn't look like a fix has been released via the announcements section either; is there any timescale as to when this might be resolved?

• Like 1

We have a Premier Support ticket outstanding for this defect because it's pretty serious (many people logging tickets on behalf of someone else are getting them logged in their name so we can get software installed for the wrong people!) and HB are looking at this with development. I believe it was thought resolved in the September release but it was not.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...