Authorisation node in a BPM timings

Hi All

I wanted to clarify something around the authorisation node timer used in BPM authorisation's. Currently we have a new service setup with its SLA set to Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. A request was raised against this service on Saturday and currently the authorisation node is set to 1 day 21 hours or one working week. However, I noted that these requests have already had the task move to expired (raised Saturday around 1.23pm and request moved to expired auth at around 10.24 this morning).

Does the authorisation node timer run independently of the working time calendar applied to a service / request? And should it be set against a 24 hour clock ? i.e. auth has 5 working days to be actioned - would the expiry be set to 5 days, or would it be 1 day 21 hours based on a 9 hour working day? it seems to fit into the current expiry time set at 1 day 21 hours, so raised on Saturday at 1.30pm expires this morning at 10.30 so 1 day 21 hours so I am presuming it should be a 24 hour clock in the authorisation nodes in the BPM.

If it is based on  a 24 hour clock how would we configure it to handle requests raised at the weekend as no staff would work these until the next working day which would be Monday? Would I need to check date / time in the BPM and set expiration on a decision node from the values?

Many thanks as always

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your post.

The life span settings for an authorization node runs independently from any working time calendar and is running 24/7.

By setting these fields to use variables, you may be able to use the Cloud Utilities in a BPM to work out if any of the days within the lifespan fall on a weekend and work out a new date.

image.png

Here is an example Auto Task workflow that checks to see if the request was raised on a Weekend

image.png

In your case with authorizations, there are possibly a few routes you could take in place of the "Assign to Out of Hours team".  If it falls on a weekend, you could suspend the workflow for a period of time. I believe that the suspending of a workflow does follow working time calendars so suspending it for a couple of minutes may have it start up a couple of minutes into your Monday morning.  Following this same path, you could also send an email to the customer letting them know that it is out of hours and when their request will be looked at. 

• Like 1

Hi James Thank you for the pointers, I suspected I could do something with the Current Day feature, and thank you for confirming authorisations run independent of other timers - I will have a play with a new version

Many thanks as always