Restarting ITOM node in a process.

Llyr

Hi,

Is there a way to restart a business process, when an ITOM node failed.

What happened was that we ran out of our monthly Job allowance for ITOM, it is now a new month and i would like for my business process to carry on, but when i try to restart the process i get the following error.

image.thumb.png.a83658d604c57bab57f702fb15625c04.png

@Llyr The reason you cannot restart the Process is because it is not in a failed state, it is suspended. I'm not sure what the Check email first last node is doing, but from the screenshot I don't believe that Workflow can be progressed without engaging with Expert Services - and even then I'm not certain.

What the node does is check AD that a new email address is not in use already. This check failed in ITOM just to the limit in running jobs. Now its a new month i have re ran that task, but that has not moved things along.

Is there a way to skip the check node and put the output manually in the following node?

Based on the screenshot, the challenge here is that the workflow is not actually in a Failed state but is also not in a "true" Suspend state (the node there is not a Suspend type node) so Restart and probably Resume will not work here. I have seen this before where the workflow can get into this strange state of neither failed nor suspended and it cannot be "restarted" by normal means. If none of these suggestions here work, raise an Expert Service request and we'll have a look to see if we can resume it.