Identify BPMs that auto triage to a specific support team

Good Morning all,

I have taken over management of 2 teams within our IT Department and am in the process of merging the ticket queues into one.  I have selected the team which should remain, however the team I need to remove receives tickets that are automatically assigned to them via the BPMs.

I have located some nodes within the BPMs that assign to a team, but I wondered is there a way to identify all the BPMs that automatically assign to a specific team?

As always, many thanks for your time.

Hi Ann-Marie

I do not believe there is an easy way to identify which team a request assign's to from within a BPM's configuration from within the admin side without drilling into each BPM to view the Assign to node details. It would more than likely be a case of having to manually review and update your BPM's assign to nodes.

You could try doing a report showing any new requests raised against any Service say for today, and see which team it initially assigns to as this should be the team specified in the BPMs, but this is dependent on a request being raised against all of your available services on that day. So even a report showing newly raised today / team assigned to may not pick up your entire catalogue if no requests have been raised against every catalogue item in your Service Portfolio, but it should hopefully highlight some services/catalogue items that need updating.

Many thanks

I

• Like 1

You could also download the bpm. It saves as a .txt file which can be viewed in Notepad etc. You can then search for the team name like this:

image.png.62935bf225177ca3f867d19b67e64cca.png

Any BPM that gives you a hit you can then browse in the UI to find it.

Also browser search helps; if you've had good practice to node the purpose of each node in the text:

image.thumb.png.bb36bce3e3c983ee5aabd0cce13ff9e0.png

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 6:44 PM, James Ainsworth said:

@Ann-MarieHolloway

Have you tried the search feature in the list of BPM Workflows?  If you type in the team name you should get results showing which BPMs contain that team.

image.png

Hi @James Ainsworth I had a quick look at this before I raised the post, my apologies that would have been a useful thing to mention but it didn't give me great results.  I have now discovered this team were called something else previously and it doesn't look to have been updated, so I now have more meaningful results.
Thank you.

20 hours ago, Berto2002 said:

You could also download the bpm. It saves as a .txt file which can be viewed in Notepad etc. You can then search for the team name like this:

image.png.62935bf225177ca3f867d19b67e64cca.png

Any BPM that gives you a hit you can then browse in the UI to find it.

Also browser search helps; if you've had good practice to node the purpose of each node in the text:

image.thumb.png.bb36bce3e3c983ee5aabd0cce13ff9e0.png

Hi @Berto2002 this is also useful, thank you