Adverts in Portal

@QEHNick the banner promotes the Hornbill event we hold every year for our customers. It does not promote external products (e.g. Go Pro). I understand my colleagues from Customer Success have been in touch with you to discuss any queries and concerns you have on this matter.

@QEHNick

Hi Nick,

Can i just point out that your statement about it being added to the Employee portal is not correct.  The banner was added to the UI for Hornbill Users, as a Hornbill User, when you view the Employee Portal you are still seeing the Hornbill user application.  If you are a basic user  (which would be your end users) there is no banner displayed here.  

We have added this banner as we have done every year we have done insights because we have a lot of trouble reaching our contacts by email, a lot of bounces, invalid emails and so on, our goal is to communicate the event to our customers which broadly speaking are people that use Hornbill on a day-to-day basis.  We have made it dismissible, so if it bugs you (as it does me), you can simply dismiss it, and it will go away. It might pop back periodically in the run up to the event. 

We are not trying to look tawdry and cheap, we are trying to make sure that all of our customers know that we are spending a bunch of money to put on a user event that will benefit (we hope obviously) anyone who comes along, this direct pointer has worked very well, its targeted, we know its only customers that get sight of it, and we have no battles or customers missed with multiple email attempts that only ever partly works. 

As for the aesthetic, well context is everything, I would agree that its actually quite loud - visually that is. 

Possibly not much help, I hope this does help to explain why its there though. 

Thanks.
Gerry

Hi @Gerry

Whilst I understand you are trying to reach a greater audience, we too have concerns about this banner showing in our instance.  Our Senior Directors have complained about it.  I understand it can be dismissed, however we would like it removed altogether.

I don't know about other organisations however the event for us is only applicable to myself as Administrator and possibly one other person.  In the current climate the cost of sending more than one or two people is possibly prohibitive for many organisations.

I would like to hope that Hornbill are not keeping incorrect customer details such as email addresses for GDPR reasons.  Perhaps that needs addressing?

I will be contacting customer success to discuss further.

• Like 1

Hi @Estie

Thank you for reaching out to me and taking the time to speak with me today regarding the above post, as advised Hornbill will take your feedback on board. 

I do want to stress that Hornbill does comply with GDPR but sometimes communications sent do end up in Junk/Spam folders, so the banner ensures visibility to the annual event which we feel will benefit our customers. 

Kind regards

Michelle 

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:37 AM, Estie said:

I would like to hope that Hornbill are not keeping incorrect customer details such as email addresses for GDPR reasons.

Just to clarify on this point - Hornbill only stores details for the Contacts given to us by the Organisation concerned.
If these are out of date, or have otherwise changed for any reason, you should contact us immediately with the updated information. 

• Like 1

@Estie

I would like to hope that Hornbill are not keeping incorrect customer details such as email addresses for GDPR reasons.  Perhaps that needs addressing?

Its also worth mentioning that the banner its self does not collect or track any personal information at all, this is done on purpose for exactly this reason.  The banner is simply shown to "users" of Hornbill (not basic users, i.e. your end users), and as I mentioned before the banner is far more effective than email, because we do not have email addresses for your Hornbill users, and therefore would never email them, we only hold up to four contacts for an instance, the authoritative, primary, secondary and data contacts.  If you have a success plan, you can add addtional contacts under that support contract, but again, I think thats probably limited to 5.   

So I can confirm we do confirm with GDPR data regulations around personal data and permissions-based email marketing, we take the rules around this very seriously. 

Gerry