Archived external organisation still shows in the offered 'Select your Org' list

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

I have an external organisation that I have archived as no longer required, however it still shows in the offered organisation list in the Register screen - is this correct?

NB I have turned the setting off and it is no longer showing in our live portal

Organisation list showing archived: image 1

Register screen showing the archived organisation still listed: image 2

Org 2.JPG

Org 1.JPG

There's a bunch of missing information here, so without making assumptions it's difficult to answer accurately, but assuming that's a Custom Form with a field using the Get Organisations data query:

I agree that intuitively archived Organisations would not appear on this list, however, consider the scenario where the CI is "Reactivate an archived Organisation" - this would require them to be shown.
What I think I'm seeing here is an enhancement request to select whether archived Organisations are included or not, whether that's a separate Data Provider added to the list or an additional setting of "include archived"

• Like 1

Hi Steve - thanks for speedy response. Yes I agree I would expect archived organisation to not show in the offered list as it seems natural to exclude it once archived. Not a massive issue of course and now that I am aware any more I archive I will of course just un-tick the 'add to organisation list' button. Makes sense to add as a possible enhancement to the setup

Many thanks as always !

Hi Steve

Sure no problem - i added a new organisation under Contacts / Organisation (image 1) and selected the show in org list at Registration (image 2) then added the org as subscribed to our external service (image 3). I then archived off the organisation without un-ticking the show in registration list option - Let me know if anything else required - thanks

Image 1

image.png.8d334610936330415b60aaecb06d24eb.png

Image 2

image.png.0891cd424685e0de9198ed2697deeceb.png

Image 3

image.png.8fd665e809752e73793cb07fe3f9f43a.png

Hi Steve

Just double checking the external organisation list under the external service subscriptions, and the organisation is still showing as subscribed to the service - it doesn't show in customer registration list though. I have removed it as subscribed to the organisation now. Again I think I presumed archiving the external organisation would remove it from both the registration organisation list, as well as remove it from the subscription in the service portfolio.I think as you mentioned it just intuitively seems natural that archiving it off would do both of these things.

Many thanks

Adrian

image.png.9468fe884da3bfbe53d2354094464499.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...