Emails attached to calls have a rogue > added to any urls

Claire Holtham

Afternoon, 

this is an old issue, that is still happening (I'm told it's been reported before but could not find the original thread). If we receive an email, that gets turned into a support call, and there is a url in it, the url does not work

On a recent call (which demonstrates the issue) if I right click and copy the link in the details view, then paste it in Notepad.exe (not in a browser). You will see a rogue %3E added to the end, which is the HTML-encoded greater-than sign (>).

image.png.d3eca9123463ac2d4e121c52d0bc499c.png

essentially the opening '<' is not being treated as part of the url, but the closing one  '>' is 

Hi,

We have an issue that is also related to URLs in tickets that are raised via an email. When we manually raise a request from an email which contains an URL, it all works fine. However if we us an automatic ticket creation process from a similar email; the URL is removed completely. I raised an incident for this and I was pointed to this forum post, hence my message.

Any ideas if this is related and if there is a solution for this?

Regards,

Jasper

Both of these issues have been flagged to development.

They have not yet been reviewed so I don't have any further information for you at this stage.
Both of these issues, while not necessarily connected, occur with anchors - i.e. <a href="https://www.google.com">Google</a> - rather than a plain url.

The workaround would be to only use plain urls - e.g. https://www.google/com - in your emails which are always successfully inserted as links in the Description, however as these are incoming that may not be under your control.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...