Custom Buttons - Multiple Actions

AlexOnTheHill

Hello,

Is it possible to enhance the functionality of custom buttons to allow the user to pick between multiple actions?

I was thinking something along the lines of an Major Incident (MI) button which gives the options of:

Escalate to MI (adds managers as connections, notifies them an incident is an MI and adds a custom value)

Cancel MI (emails connections to advise the MI was raised in error, removes the custom value)

De-escalate MI (emails connections to advise the incident is no longer considered to be an MI, does not remove the custom value)

Each could link to their own auto-task and retain their own conditions.

For example, I set a custom value with the escalation so I can report on MIs and so the de-escalation is only visible to an escalated incident.

I guess this is the equivalent of creating a folder of actions within a button.

The benefit of this would be to reduce the amount of space taken by buttons, the available space can get crowded quickly.

I hope this makes sense.

1 hour ago, AlexOnTheHill said:

The benefit of this would be to reduce the amount of space taken by buttons, the available space can get crowded quickly.

That is the purpose of this setting:
image.png

1 hour ago, AlexOnTheHill said:

For example, I set a custom value with the escalation so I can report on MIs and so the de-escalation is only visible to an escalated incident.

This should be set on each button so the "Escalate to MI" button only shows for non-MI requests, and the "De-escalate MI" and "Cancel MI" buttons only show for an MI.

Thank you Steve, I already understand and agree with what you have said, I already make use of the configurations you describe.

What I am outlining is a request such that if I have a single button, it can then provide the tasks configured as above.

This would allow you to have buttons that could be something like: 'MI' 'Notification' 'Flag' for example then when clicking on 'Flag' you could have: 'Flag user missing department', 'Flag missing sync' 'Flag test request'.

Does this make sense? I'm sorry if I've not explained it well.

This has stemmed from a request to have a 'one button to rule them all' request and giving a button multiple action options would achieve that.