User close their own call

Ann-MarieHolloway

Hi @Ann-MarieHolloway

Once a request has been resolved and the status is set to resolved, a user is prompted if the resolution worked or if it didn't.  If they select "It's working", the ticket will be closed.  This is the only point at which a user can close their ticket.  Is there something in particular that you are wanting to do or possibly prevent from happening?

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thanks for getting back to me.

Analysts use the 'Resolve' option once they have confirmed with the user the issue / request has been resolved / fulfilled.  The call then auto resolves afterwards.  
I'm looking at incidents that either automatically resolve themselves (don't you just love those) or users who maybe change their minds and wish to resolve the call themselves.

I remember an option in the settings we could enable, which meant the user could resolve their call via the Self Service portal.  However their only options are to add an attachment or leave a comment.

Many Thanks

Hi @Ann-MarieHolloway

On 11/21/2022 at 8:17 AM, Ann-MarieHolloway said:

users who maybe change their minds and wish to resolve the call themselves

The setting mentioned above by Martyn is the only setting that I'm aware of.  One problem that you may find with allowing customers to resolve their own requests is that it may not coincide with the process that your support staff need to follow.  A customer can provide an update where they can let the support staff know that they have resolved the issue themselves, or if they no longer need the ticket to be open, and then the support staff can follow through using the defined process.

Thank you @Martyn Houghton and @James Ainsworth for the feedback.

This particular request refers to internal employees using the employee portal.  I could have sworn there was an option for the user to close the call themselves, via their 'My Requests' option but thank you for clarifying.  I will continue to ask them to simply update their call if the issue fixes itself.

Thanks all