Update emails in the timeline

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All,

Not sure if this is possible but I wanted to check is there anyway to ensure automated update emails sent from the Update node in Service Manager show in the timeline? I have searched the settings but could not see anything obvious. We have the update node enabled on all our services to send out Customer facing updates to the customers which is working fine, however I note that these update emails do not show as an email being sent, we are just seeing the update posted to the timeline. Screen shot below shows an example update which generated the email to the customer, but the posting to the timeline just shows as Update - is there anyway for this to reflect that the update was sent out via automated email other than checking the sent items in the mailbox please?

Many thanks!

image.png.79ec7e8008c93ae353c7cbc5c4ec1f27.png

I'm not totally clear on the requirement here. From the comment:

31 minutes ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

We have the update node enabled on all our services to send out Customer facing updates to the customers which is working fine,

that is what indicates that the email is being sent.

What is the scenario driving the question - as with that setting "ON" then any Update of visibility Customer will have sent an email, so I'm struggling to see what additional information is required?

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

This is more for the teams working the requests rather than the customers. I have communicated a number of times to them how this works, but I still get queries from the analysts as to whether the update email was sent out, so was trying to lessen the queries I get. I will just reiterate the guidance to the teams but was just checking if there was anything I had missed around the update emails being generated. One of the issues is most Analysts do not have full mailbox access, so they are unable to check if the update email was sent direct, so they come to me to confirm.

I will just get the team managers to reiterate the guidance confirming if it is an update that is customer facing this will send out to the customer, and will also ask them only to raise these if the customer has not received the email, rather than me just confirming it definitely went out.

Thank you for confirming, appreciated as always