Admin Tool (1464)

QEHNick

I note a banner now appears saying the old admin tool will be discontinued on the 28th April.

As there are still a number of issues with the new interface, are there guarantees that the new tool will be fit for purpose?

The problematic items I have discovered so far are Reporting and Advanced Analytics (all content). None of the content showing in the old tool is available in the new tool.

Here' s a cosmetic change required. Hovering over a link in the new menu results in (quite normally) the URL appearing at the bottom of the window. This obscures any element at the bottom of that window.

it took me ages to find Auto Values because of this :D

Is this the right place to feedback on the Admin Tool?

First: I like it overall and the search is great. Thanks, the team saw it as a great innovation.

Issue: You've grouped "Failed / Cancelled" together under "Manage Executed Processes" but in reality, who cares about the Cancelled ones? I cancelled them so they are done-for. but I regularly check for Failed processes and need that to be readily accessible. It is better than it was but because there is now no filter within that section, I have to click the Status column twice to re-sort and check there are no Failed ones further down my list.

Request: Either separate Failed and Cancelled in the left-hand menu or allow us to set and save a sort order in that section so we can have Failed appear at the top if we wish rather than the default of Last Activity

Thank you

• Like 1

Second comment. there is inconsistency in the way linked aspects are shown. This should be addressed in the longer term.

In Platform > Users we see this convention with the UserID as a clickable link:

image.thumb.png.74aa061b97b892b2dabbf8c1b0af0637.png

But in Service Manager > Users we see this convention with the icon to launch:

image.png.6cd55fc162fcc6d9d7d4b7c9a29f5e68.png

Also note that icon usually means to launch in new window but in this case, it just opens in the same window.

image.png.f0f6d3dbb4d0c2dbf45c2e6d96e9a7fa.png

Hopefully some nice background improvements there for you.

41 minutes ago, Berto2002 said:

And how disappointing still not clickable link on on the "Ext Reference" of "Manage Executed Processes"

Where would you expect that link to take you?

I'm going to stick my neck out and assume that the reply will be "to the Request" however this is an External Reference and although it is most commonly (for existing customers and at this time) a Request there is no requirement for this - it could easily be a workflow behind a Custom Button, or for another entity that would not have an applicable link.

54 minutes ago, Berto2002 said:

Request: Either separate Failed and Cancelled in the left-hand menu

I believe that this view will be filtered (Failed/Cancelled/both) in an upcoming release.

Hi Steve, you pre-empted my response and I have no experience of that Ext Reference needing to be anything other than the Agent view of a Request. I can see you guys have a potential conundrum to make that field context sensitive if it is to continue to be used for variable purposes; or to split-out into multiple columns. In the meantime, is there anything sneaky you can do with web-based context menus? For example, on that screen, if I double-clicked to highlight the reference and right-clicked, I would get an option to "Open Highlighted Request In New Tab"...?

Good news on the Failed/Cancelled. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Berto2002 said:

For example, on that screen, if I double-clicked to highlight the reference and right-clicked, I would get an option to "Open Highlighted Request In New Tab"...?

I have no idea if that's technically possible, I'm afraid. Assuming it's not, the shortest version I can think of would be:

• Double click (to select)
  • CTRL-C (to copy, or Right-click->Copy, of course)
  • CTRL-SHFT-F (Hornbill quick-find)
  • CTRL-V (to paste)
  • ENTER to open the Request