Requests Contact Details

Martin.bowman

Hi, 

I'm trying to write a report that lists the name and job title for the Organization contact that has raised a request in Service manager. I've tried the links between  h_sys_Organizations and h_sys_contact and h_itsm_requests but to no avail. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Martin

Hi @Martin.bowman

Do you have a particular report layout that you are looking for?  Is this a list of requests that includes the contact name, job title, and their organization?  The challenge is usually in the joins between different tables, but maybe best to start with the layout of the report that you are looking for.

Thank you @James Ainsworth
The joins are always the challenge for me when it comes to organizations and contacts :-)

We have been asked for a list of the job roles of the customers who raise incidents with us. So we're not really interested in incident refs.
I was kind of thinking that we maybe have a filter by (between) logged date so we can restrict the numbers returned.
Then just produce a list that we can use in Excel.
I don't think it's going to provide must use IMHO as there are likely to be lots of roles that are effectively the same but called something different.

Thanks for your help

Martin

This join will link the Accounts table to the Requests table
image.png

If you build a Grouped Count of Data then this will give a simple count of Requests per Job Title
image.png

From there you can add columns if needed, and filter/group by, for example, Request Type

Hi @Martin.bowman

Try the attached report.  The challenge is that you will see in the results multiple entries for the same org and contact. This is for each individual request that they have raised.  Further configuration on this report such as grouping or changing the report type to a Grouped Count can provide a slightly better view, but if you are looking to have the report in CSV and then load into Excel, this might want all of this info.

Let me know if this is on the right track.

contact-job-titles.report.txt