E-mail Routing - adding details into a ticket

Emily Patrick

Hi, 

I've created my routing rule and template already, and it is working, but it's not ideal.  

At present, the information comes in to an Incident in the following format: 

image.png.e817184273d31847c5f813c483aada16.png

I'd like it to add the name of the person into the customer field, and where we have the contact number/e-mail etc, to enter this into the relevant fields within the Incident form.  (I know the above example is missing that information, but on the majority of tickets we have through, it's in there!!)

Do I need to add something into the BPM to capture this information into the PCF somehow? If I can get it to add the logged date/time into the ticket too, instead of the time it was sent through to us, that would be an added bonus, but not essential at the moment. 

This is the routing rule details: 

image.thumb.png.d8a2d36ab23474e8c017d0a6b6d4986c.png

This is the routing rule template settings: 

image.thumb.png.b06d9ab3bfea3b95591464f9015ffa31.png

Many thanks

7 hours ago, Emily Patrick said:

I'd like it to add the name of the person into the customer field, and where we have the contact number/e-mail etc, to enter this into the relevant fields within the Incident form.

The customer section of a request can contain this information about the contact.   As you are using routing rules for these requests, it should be providing an automatic match between the email address and the contact and apply the contact to this section.  The fields in this section can be managed in the admin tool, so if there is something missing you should be able to add it.  More information about this can be found here.

image.png

8 hours ago, Emily Patrick said:

Do I need to add something into the BPM to capture this information into the PCF somehow?

If the requests are being raised automatically using Routing Rules,  they won't be using Progressive Capture so there won't be information that you can get from Progressive Capture that can be used in a BPM.  

8 hours ago, Emily Patrick said:

If I can get it to add the logged date/time into the ticket too, instead of the time it was sent through to us, that would be an added bonus, but not essential at the moment. 

As the receipt of the email and the automatic logging of a request using Routing Rules is done in very short succession of each other, you will find that there is only a matter of seconds between the two.  In the future what you can do is track Response Time where you can see how long it takes from being logged by an email to when it is first assigned to a support person.  

On 12/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, James Ainsworth said:

The customer section of a request can contain this information about the contact.   As you are using routing rules for these requests, it should be providing an automatic match between the email address and the contact and apply the contact to this section.  The fields in this section can be managed in the admin tool, so if there is something missing you should be able to add it.  More information about this can be found here.

image.png

Thanks @James Ainsworth, the jobs are coming from a generic e-mail address from our out of hours teams, with the fields listed in my original post, so they are currently coming up blank.  Is there a way I can pull the information from the e-mail details to pop into the customer field automatically, or would that need to be a manual process by the person picking up the job in the morning? 

Also, can I set something up, so that jobs that the out of hours team resolve, can be resolved upon receipt in our system once they've created a ticket? 

• 5 months later...

Hi @Emily Patrick,

There is a "Task" of "Regex Substring" under the Scope of "Application", "Type" of "String Utilities".

This makes it possible to extract specific data from a given Input Text.

The Input Text can be the result of the Source Email Details of a Request.

The RegEx that you will need is the "tricky" bit - it heavily depends on the exactness of the input text.

At a GUESS:

Regular Expression: ^Username:\s(.*)$

Regular Expression Flags: /0,1