How to update a teams Channel?

Hi,

Ive been updating and checking this "conversation"

"Creating and updating a Teams channel"

But still seem unable to configure the cloud automation node.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to configure the fields below? Nothing appears in the Request Credentials box? and I cannot add anything to the group id as it keeps reverting to blank?

I have setup the keysafe and it seemed to connect ok?

image.png.8ae0f81d500ad109f5f62a520144f13d.png

thanks

lee

Hi @lee mcdermott,

Post To Channel is a deprecated operation (still there so as to not break existing workflows) that uses keysafe keys of type Microsoft, and has been replaced by: Microsoft > Teams > Channel > Send Message, which uses the Microsoft Teams keysafe key type. So if you switch over to the new operation, you will see your Teams key listed.

See the Hornbill Wiki for more information.

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G

thanks steve, thats done the trick, got it working now. I had read the wiki, but it wasnt overly clear on how to set the node up (especially when I wasn't that clear) on what needed configured in the first place.

While I'm on the subject, I am trying to setup a Major incident process, when our IT staff raise the call to Major and it starts the Auto task to send emails and update the Teams channel etc, is it possible to get the auto task to ask for information or is there a way that inforamtion can be added to the "send message" to teams and also included in any emails that are sent?

Basically if a call is populated with certain info in summary or description etc probably by the customer raising the call, I wold like the service desk staff when raising the priority to Major incident to be able to populate in greater detail the actual issue and reason for raising an MI.

This infor then needs to be able to be sent in an email template and added the to teams channel as part of the auto task.

Does that makes sense?

Would the servicedesk staff have to add an update then take that info into a custom field to then be used in an email? how could that be send to Teams? Or is there a way the auto task could pop up a box so staff can add all the relevant info at the start of the Auto task which could then be used in the relevant comms?

thanks

lee

@AndyHill

1. create an API Key - i used my Hornbill account

image.thumb.png.cd6bd0abe8909991c2cc02291a47eab8.png

2. Create a Key safe using the API key you just created. It will have the option to test connection on first setup, once connected you can them create\setup yur Business process or autotask.

image.thumb.png.bccbfd61b76859a6f271700af411a45d.png

3. Use the cloud automation node

image.thumb.png.c0f06144002d2db12dd746650baad1e1.png

4. You need to go into your Team's Channel and copy the link, from this link you can copy out the Group ID and the channel ID which is needed in the node setup above. *note the group ID is longer than that shown above in screenshot.

image.png.4b61f38203dfe6d0a55847beca672d47.png

That should then work.

lee

@Steve G

Hi Steve,

do you think anyone from Hornbill dev will be able to answer the question on how to get information into a autotask - if it can be done?

I am meant to be showing how our MI process could work to senior management and that was the only part now I'm unable to answer and would determine how our process would work.

@lee mcdermott At present an Autotask is a button push which runs a sequence of commands automatically.

This may or may not change in the future, or there may be alternative functionality to allow info to be picked up, but at present the only information an Autotask can use is that which is present in the Request at the time the button is pushed.

Alternatives include raising a Linked Request, which will have its own Progressive Capture, or editing the information in the request, typically the Summary/Description, before pushing the button instead of a form popping up once you've pressed it.

• Like 1