PCF Mandatory Fields being bypassed on portal

Chris Winship

Good morning, 

I will raise an Incident for this shortly, but wanted to gauge whether it's just our instance this is affecting. 

We have been seeing requests not routing properly this morning, and after a little investigation it transpires in the PCF that "This field requires a value to be provided" does not seem to be enforcing the field to be answered. 
I have tried a variety of different field types, static radioset, single line text field, dynamic drop down select box, and they all appear affected. 

From our testing so far, this seems to be affecting only the portal, rather than Service Manager.  Unfortunately today is the first day we've become aware of this, so not sure if it was an issue on the previous previous portal or not. 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

Thanks

Chris :)

Guest Paul Alexander

@Miro

Our instance is the same - portal requests which should require some info in a drop down are NOT asking for that info and the requests can be logged without updating them. 

(Actually, looking at @Jeremy's details, this is the OPPOSITE of what he's reporting? Text fields in our instance don't allow you to complete the request if they're mandatory and missing, but drop downs DO allow that)??

I have one request where we use a combination of a few field types (all mandatory), if I hit Finish without completing any details it says I need to answer all the questions. However if I answer any one of the questions I can hit Finish, without answering the other mandatory fields. It doesn't seem to matter which one I answer, whether it's a single line text, static radioset or static drop down radioset. 

The issue is the same on Edge and IE. We don't user Chrome over here. :(
Its appears to be Custom Forms too from what I have access to test. (Can't find any default forms to test)

Sorry, but next Tuesday's simply not soon enough. Business Processes often rely on mandatory questions being completed, so they will not behave normally while these questions can remain blank. Without confidence that our business processes are working correctly we will have to manually check each and every Request being submitted and potentially perform manual (offline) tasks which should have been completed in the Business Process.

Could this be escalated, as the impact on our Service Desk and support teams is potentially massive.