Services - change link

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

I want to be able to change the link on here please.  Can someone let me know how I do this?

image.png.1e4e515b946f359db034c67b054265a2.png

We don't currently display the 'Services' page as it's not possible to customize it (something I've asked for from the beginning) so we've set it up as links.  This particular one goes straight to the form.

image.png.6c8c3674bd92d535d362166eff63c801.png

This issue here is that the customer can click on the wording from their call and be taken to the service page.  We don't want this to happen as it doesn't fit with the rest of the portal setup.

image.png.710f7a8b50ee4673c2e0f47dbffddfb5.png

image.thumb.png.22962090ef2c0b4fb7084112fcb2df21.png

Thanks

Tina

Guest Ehsan

@Tina.Lapere,

I am interested to understand what you mean by "it doesn't fit with the rest of the portal setup"? Could you please explain the reason behind hiding access to the Service details page for the Employee Portal users?

Morning @Ehsan it's around the look and feel of it and the information that's on there.

This is what would show if we used the service view (and what Customers are presented with when they click on the service name from viewing a call):

image.thumb.png.05c6ee21d7b98da47b5e77e02580c695.png

We don't want the bulletin to appear here as we have it on our front page, I don't want any of the information on the left hand side, and I want to be able to design how the catalogue items are presented - all of which I can't do.  So this is how we've setup our services pages (as links):

image.thumb.png.f98bc65aee5661821a6f8930eb3366ad.png

It's cleaner, we don't have to have a description (or a dot if we don't need one) and it fits with the customers feedback from our existing service portal which is they only want to see information thats relevant to them (our service doesn't need a detail, we don't use make a request as that's what the catalogue items are for, requests are presented on the ICT home page, and we don't use Documents.  I'd need to be able to hide all these options as a start.

This is how HR have setup their page:

image.thumb.png.10603714ffe6fc6a50d2367fbca7c633.png

But this is what they get if they click on the My Team link from viewing a call:

image.thumb.png.39d6fc6e368661213fdb98c912c3dd6c.png

The lack of design functionality in this area has meant we've had to create and setup the catalogue items as links.  This therefore fits with the design of the portal.  It's not ideal and will be confusing to if are then presented with pages they are not used to seeing and kind of defeats all our hard work trying to make it look simple and only present relevant information to customers.

I hope this helps explain why I need to be able to change that link to be able to point to the pages I've designed (certainly until Hornbill allow us to design the services pages to what we have above).

Thanks

Tina

image.png

Guest Ehsan

@Tina.Lapere, @AndyHill,

There is a planned enhancement request to provide the ability to customise the Service details page but this has not been implemented yet. There are on-going conversations about the Employee Portal and decisions are still to be finalised on the roadmap. We will update this post when we have more information to share with you.

Ehsan

@Ehsan Thanks for confirming its on the list still though disappointed it's not made it any further since this was raised by multiple people early last year.  

So am I right in saying then that there is no way for me to change the link as first mentioned?

Tina

Guest Ehsan

@Tina.Lapere,

Unfortunately no, the breadcrumbs system (also used in the main app, Admin Tool and other Hornbill interfaces) are automatically generated and allow navigating between views.

@Tina.Lapere I haven't sadly, what I have had to do is create a new Service in the Service Catalog that contains all the items I want users to see. Originally I was linking into multiple service catalogs but not being able to hide the breadcumbs meant the users could get to things I don't want them too. 

I still want to hide the breadcrumb as don't want users getting to pages likes the below. 

image.thumb.png.a304a7467261dc1b58da9d9c8117e3a8.png