Question regarding attachments in Service Manager

Jeremy

When adding attachments it obviously adds them to the request etc, but when you go to remove it says that the attachment is unlinked from the request.

Does this mean that the attachments are still in the database somewhere or do they actually get deleted once removed from a request?

Then a follow up question, dependent on answer if they are just unlinked how to we go about deleting them from the server?

Hi Jeremy,

Unless you complete the action of adding the attachments to a requests, the attachments are not saved.   

When using the Attachment Action on a request you will need to click on the Upload button before the attachment is saved.  If you remove the attachment before uploading to the request, they are not saved anywhere.

image.png

The same will apply in Progressive Capture when using the Attachment form.  Any attachment that has been unlinked from the Attachment Form during the raising of the request will not be saved.  Attachments that have been linked, will only be saved once the request has been created.  

Hope that helps.

James

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Further to this, can I request or ask for the ability to remove attachments from a request via the BPM please?

We have some processes where customers upload a document but at the end of the process we want to automatically remove the attachment(s) as we no longer need the information to be stored.

Hi Jeremy,

On 1/20/2023 at 4:09 AM, Jeremy said:

can I request or ask for the ability to remove attachments from a request via the BPM please?

This is a new request from the original topic above.  I would suggest starting a new topic for anything new.  This give it better visibility and focus.   For this requirement, do you have any way that you see the automation identifying which attachments to remove?  I could see the possibility of an automation that just removes all attachments, but not sure how it would be able to safely identify the correct individual attachment to remove.  For now it might work best to have a human task for someone to review the attachments as part of a closure process.