Ticket Auto Closes 5 days after resolved.

yelyah.nodrog

Morning all,

I am just going through our current BPM's as I have been away for over a year and I have noticed that the old 'close request after a period of time' option on the update request automated task has been depreciated (I think this happened before I went away and I never got around to adjusting it)

It has now been replaced with the 'suspend - wait for request resolution' automated task, I'm not sure from looking at it or the descriptions how I set this up to replicate what we had before?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I understand that if I put 5 in the days section of the expire period it will move the bpm on after that date, the part i'm confused by is  what I would put in the action focus, would it be resolve or update or something else entirely! 

I have looked at https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow#Suspend and i'm still confused. 

Hayley.

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

the action focus just tells which tab, in the request page, will be open when a user open the request.

It can be anything, this will not affect the functionality of the BPM node.

As your BPM is suspended waiting to be resolved, you may set Action focus to 'Resolve'.

Hope this helps

Armando

Many thanks for this @ArmandoDM

I have managed to get this to close after a set amount of time, I clearly was just being a bit silly.

However if I reopen the ticket after its been resolved but before its hit the agreed time to close, its closing the ticket and setting the status to closed?.

What loop do I need to build into this to be able to open a ticket without it closing within the agreed time if it has been reopened after being resolved?

H