Additional Session Variable requests

samwoo

Hello,

Please can I request for the following Session variables to be set up, so I can display this information in the Employee Portal:

1. Manager's Name
2. Home Organization

Thanks,

Samuel

1 hour ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @samwoo,

Can you expand a bit more your requirement? Where do you want to use these variables because Employee Portal is very general and big.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Sure, I would basically like to use this as a way for the staff to check what data we hold about them, and they can log a ticket if its incorrect.

If what we hold about them is wrong in Hornbill, then it also means the data we hold about them is wrong in Active Directory (since we pull in changes to accounts from AD).

This shouldn't happen very often though, sometimes people forget to inform IT to change their name if they've gotten married (or forgotten to do it soon after), or their new manager forgot to raise a Mover request etc.

Thanks,

Samuel

@Daniel Dekel oh gosh i just realised i posted in the wrong part of the forum - was doing a lot of employee porta stuff and didnt notice that I put it in there!

Yes - you are correct - apologies for not being clearer.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi @Miro,

I have forgotten to reply to your message - but yes, these session variables do work - these can be added to the Session Variable list for everyone else to see.

It would still be useful to be able to display the Home Organization of the session user, alternatively, if that doesn't exist, then display the first "Company" added to their list of Organizations (or display them all, separated by commas).

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1