error in ldap sync - import not working

So, we use the LDAP sync tool to sync all our students into the system.

This has been running nightly without issues until we think the 2nd Sept.

Now every time it runs it fails with "2020/09/28 21:01:02 [ERROR] Error Loading Configuration: The specified primary entity [Imports] was not found"

We don't believe anything has changed at our end, does this error lead anyone to guess what might be the cause?

@Steve G thanks
I wonder, I've obviously missed where this was published. Are there platform release notes somewhere we should be monitoring for this sort of issue?

We used to read the release notes before applying application updates, but those are automatic now so not sure where we would see this sort of change?

4 hours ago, davidrb84 said:

Are there platform release notes somewhere we should be monitoring for this sort of issue?

Hi David,

You can follow this thread on the forums for all updates.  https://community.hornbill.com/forum/135-announcements/.  For the platform updates, keep an eye open for the ones listed as Hornbill ESP.  The platform updates have always been automatic and it was only the apps that have changed from being manual  to automatic.  

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James

Thanks @James Ainsworth I'll follow that forum.

Just as a note though, I've gone back and read all ESP posts back 15 months and there are no references to ldap import, or any functionality being deprecated. Is it possible it's called something different?

I'll make arrangements for the LDAP import app to be updated once a year or so.

Interestingly we also perform account creation via API for a different class of users, this seems to have been unaffected.

Hi David,

On 9/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, davidrb84 said:

Are there platform release notes somewhere we should be monitoring for this sort of issue?

Sorry, my reference was only for the platform updates.  The Hornbill LDAP User Import is managed through GitHub.   For updates and version information you can follow this link.  I believe that you can sign up and then watch the release page.  

image.png