Status Not Updating Until Refresh

Michael Sharp

Should the status banner update dynamically?  Currently I'm having to actually refresh my browser to update this despite browsing through other service manager pages?  Also, is there a widget I can create for my dashboard to show statuses for my staff?  Would be very useful given I'm currently managing a remote workforce.

image.png.45184d92dea0eadc479e5a596923e9e7.png

Thanks,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp,

If I understand correctly. You went to your Profile view and changed the status to "At Lunch". After that you press the Save button. Correct?

After that the status should change. Is it not? We can't replicate that scenario. Can you please provide any other details to replicate this?

Regarding the widget. You want to display a list of your staff with the status of each one of them? Your staff is a team? How many are there?

Thank you,

Daniel.

HI @Daniel Dekel as a team we tend to operate with multiple tabs open at once.  If the status is changed on one tab, the other tabs require a manual refresh in order to see the change in the top right corner.

As for the widget, the team I need this for currently has 5 members (so would like individually listed) but would be good to see availability as a pie chart (split by status) for my wider team if not listed as individuals?  This would give a good indication of overall availability.

Regards,

Mike.

Ahh, I see. Is the indicator in a different tab. That will be a problem as this data is not coming from the server but sent to the server. Will have to think about that as is not easy to implement.

Regarding the widget, yes, I see the benefits. I'll add it to the list of TODOs and will let you know about it.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Thanks @Daniel Dekel - usually in the office it's not much of an issue but the widget would definitely be beneficial to assist remote working teams in the present climate.

Will leave the status issue with you - not the end of the world but I do wonder from time to time whether I've adjusted my status correctly previously!

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp,

In the latest build you can find a new widget called "My Team". I believe is what you've requested. You can find more details in our wiki: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Employee_Portal_Widgets

The mobile app also supports this new widget.

Regards,

Daniel.

Regarding the Status, we are going to do something about it but is not as simple as it looks.

HI @Michael Sharp,

To do something like this on advanced analytics:

Grouped Chart

image.png

You can create something like the above by creating:

• Data Chart Widget of a "SQL Group By Type"
  • Adding a filter to narrow this down to your own team - in the above, I have filtered it to the team "First Line Support" (you need the ID of the team - in my case that was 1stLineSupport) so used the filter:
h_user_id IN(select h_user_id from h_sys_account_groups where h_group_id = '1stLineSupport')

The configuration for this one is as per the screenshot below:

image.png

List of users and status

image.png

You can create something like the above by creating:

• List of Data widget of a "Custom SQL Query" Type
  • Once again, you'll need the Team ID if you want to narrow this down per team (otherwise it will show ALL users and their status). The SQL to copy and paste (then change the Team ID) for this one is: 
SELECT a.h_name AS USER, 
       b.h_name AS Status
FROM   h_sys_accounts a 
       JOIN h_sys_accounts_status b 
         ON a.h_avail_status = b.h_status 
       JOIN h_sys_account_groups c 
         ON a.h_user_id = c.h_user_id 
WHERE  c.h_group_id = '1stLineSupport' 
ORDER  BY b.h_name, 
          a.h_name

image.pngAnd how this config looks:

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Bob

• Like 2

Hi @Michael Sharp

I can put them on the Demo environment - I will look to do that later today. But they will be referencing the Demo enviroments data so will still require a tweak to make sure it references a team that you require.
In the filter, have you changed the name of the team from 1stLineSupport to the Team ID that you are looking to report on?

You can find this in Admin Tool --> System --> Organisational Data --> Organisation and selecting the team

image.png

Kind regards

Bob

@Michael Sharp I have replicated this on the Demo instance (and changed the date format so you don't have the truant mandatory field). 

It's called 1st Line Support Analyst Status or you can click this link: https://admin.hornbill.com/demo/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/analytics/widgets/46a73cbd-0fcc-47d8-e879-ddf4e51782d1/

(Please be aware that this will be wiped at Midnight tonight as part of the demo instance data refresh)

Kind Regards

Bob

Hi @Michael Sharp

In your screenshot, I think you might have accidently click the "Enable" button for the Series. If you click "Disable" it should collapse that part. And you should have another section appear called "Data & Label colour pinning". 
Click "Add New", and putting in the same mappings that I did as per my screenshot/the demo widget, and it will hopefully work. 

And I've just created the other widget on the demo kit. Its called 1st Line Support Analyst Status - Per Analyst and can be found here: https://admin.hornbill.com/demo/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/analytics/widgets/75768b2a-9ee6-415e-bf4a-1aa9ddbbb919/

@Bob Dickinson that's fixed the labelling issue thanks.  It shows all users are available however some of them are on furlough/logged off?  Will this just show their status as it was left?  I was hoping this might show the status from the busy lamp also i.e. Offline, Idle, Available, On Lunch?

Added to that, the second widget is showing me the same data (all Available) and unfortunately some of engineers now marked as archived also?

Regards,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp

You are right - the status in my widgets is the Availability Status that an analyst can set themselves. 
I don't believe that the status you are after (the Online Status), is actually stored in a table that you can report upon. I am just speaking with the developers to double check this - I should know for sure in the morning, and will let you know. 

In terms of of the second widget - yes, I didn't put any filter in to prevent archived users from appearing. Please replace the SQL text with the below statement instead, and this should only display the analysts who have not be suspended or archived:

SELECT a.h_name AS USER, 
       b.h_name AS Status
FROM   h_sys_accounts a 
       JOIN h_sys_accounts_status b 
         ON a.h_avail_status = b.h_status 
       JOIN h_sys_account_groups c 
         ON a.h_user_id = c.h_user_id 
WHERE  c.h_group_id = '1stLineSupport'
AND a.h_account_status = 0
ORDER  BY b.h_name, 
          a.h_name

Kind Regards

Bob

Thanks for your help on this @Bob Dickinson, sorry to push on this but I do believe this is going to become more essential (I'm surprised this hasn't cropped up already) as remote management continues to be challenged. 

Further to this, the employee portal doesn't update the statuses until manually refreshed which isn't great for monitoring unfortunately.  This one might be for @Daniel Dekel however?

Regards,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp

No problem, I hope some of the suggestions have helped. 

I've heard back from the developers and unfortunately my comment yesterday was confirmed - the Online Status of the users is managed in the process cache (for performance reasons). This means this data is not available in a table like the other statuses, so it's not something we can put on your dashboard in the same way as the other ones I've posted. 

In terms of the widget on the Employee portal requiring a refresh - this is something I will let @Daniel Dekel answer as I don't know what options we have around this.

Kind Regards

Bob

@Bob Dickinson @Daniel Dekel logically thinking, could something be developed so that if the online status was detected as:

Disconnected - Set a status of "Disconnected" (except if status is "on holiday")

Inactive - Set a status of "Inactive" (only if status is currently set as "Available")

Available - Would change any of the above two statuses to "Available" and not change any other status

Regards,

Mike.

Hi @Michael Sharp,

We have two separate properties; One is the online status (online, mobile, offline) and the other one is the availability status. That last one is set manually either by the user or by an app and defined the logical state of the user in the company. So the two can't be mixed.

Also as @Bob Dickinson mentioned, the online status is not available to be pulled in the dashboard of the admin tool as is not  in the database.

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel sorry if I'm sounding like a complete non-technical, but if it can be displayed on one aspect of your platform (i.e. the employee portal widget) I would have thought the same principal could be transferred?  Are you saying the employee portal doesn't look at the database but the dashboard does?

Regards,

Mike.